Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
My Hood League is just an idea I have right now. Its were we go to hoods and get guys who like playing football. They get together make their own teams and we play on the streets. you only need a qb,rb,and 3wrs. 5 guys. 10 make the roster. you play both sides of the ball. I guess we could get local biz to sponser the teams and unless the game is being played in your hood you have to buy tickets. say 2 bucks for kids 4 for adults ? This would be cool and teams could scout the games. if they like someone bring them in on the Practice squad and who knows ............... anyone wanna help start this ?

Its simple actually. The only expenses would be traveling security. You cant have a drive by being done in the middle of the game ............. local bizs could pay for all that.

Rugged you wouldnt find anyone to sponsor them, and you need some sort of insurance - medical - don't you? I know you do in Australia and i doubt anyone would playing street ball with the high risk of danger.

One problem I see is that there is no point in having a running back if it is touch.

And isnt this just flag football anyway?

HurricaneTitans said:
My Hood League is just an idea I have right now. Its were we go to hoods and get guys who like playing football. They get together make their own teams and we play on the streets. you only need a qb,rb,and 3wrs. 5 guys. 10 make the roster. you play both sides of the ball. I guess we could get local biz to sponser the teams and unless the game is being played in your hood you have to buy tickets. say 2 bucks for kids 4 for adults ? This would be cool and teams could scout the games. if they like someone bring them in on the Practice squad and who knows ............... anyone wanna help start this ?

Is that ray lewis posting????
(sorry had to say it..)

There's no shortage of players for practice squads.

I can't begin to start pointing out the faults in this. I really can't, there are two many. Lack of motivation for almost anyone is a good one.

this is kinda like a slamball concept....hey...slamfootball. damn imagine the height you get trying to catch a ball off a trampoline.

except he said play in the street, and trampolines are usually in peoples back yards with grass, this idea would never work, just play a pickup game with ur friends and kids in the neighborhood

:hmm: ok the playing on the streets thing was just an idea to add the the concept of playing in the hood.I guess we can move it to grass................ 2hand touch is cool as long as you have a ref to call someone down. guys like to cheat ............... insurance ? nobody gets hurt playing ......... well i once caught a pass and had to look over my shoulder for it and tripped over the side walk. we were playing in a dead end cirlce and i scored but dude. i was scratched up pretty bad but thats the risk . the guys can play at their own risk. i'm sure local college scouts would come out and to someone who hasnt played highschool ball ......... thats their opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back