Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Who has a better shot at downing the Colts?
Pittsburg? They have a game with them at least...

Or does New England have a better shot if they get past Denver?
Or does Denver have a better shot if they get past New England?

Or does the NFC Champion? :ha:

19392_w.jpg

coltman18, how many drinks have you had this evening? I've always taken you to be a pretty quick witted fella...what in the world do you think...

"Dungy overcomes grief and performs heimlech"

is supposed to denote? If you voted, I'm sure that was your selection.

btw- When did Indianapolis ever win a Super Bowl?

I know Baltimore did it with two different teams...but Indianapolis?

I'll give you a pass on that one. I expect you to be a little sharper next time though buddy. I really hope for Muggy, wino, and your sake that Peyton has his act together better than that. You got to be able to read the opposition. You know what I'm saying? Be cool Coltman and thanks for posting.

As a vol fan I have to ask this question, Would everyone hate Peyton if he had been drafted to the Titans?
That is a very good question. I am a Vol fan. As a Vol fan, Tee Martin gave me something Peyton never did...a win against Florida. When Manning went to the Colts I was apathetic actually. The Tennessee Oilers were what I was into. My pro team had supplanted my college team. Now, in 1999, fresh off the heels of the music city miracle, the Titans won AFC Divisional Playoff: 19 - 16 at Indianapolis Colts... that pretty much established my "hater" attitude. Realignment in 2002 solidified it. Now, I just look for reasons to dislike Manning.

To answer the question though... if he were selected by the Tennessee Oilers in the first in the 1998 draft, unless he was a Ryan Leif type or an exaggerated bust like Couch... if he was in a Titans uni I would tolerate and cheer for my dorky, arrogant QB... hope he set records and keep hoping we made it to or back to a Super Bowl.

sec330 said:
if he were selected by the Tennessee Oilers in the first in the 1998 draft, yada, yada, yada...
This is assuming the Oilers were in need of a quarterback.
I would rather have McNair and reality.
Winning the AFC was real sweet.
-and it only took four years with McNair
-he pretty much sat as a rookie.
-AFC Championship and a co-MVP ain't bad, I guess...
Division Titles? Please. That's a prerequisite.

Look and Bruce Warner, Rich Gannon, and Brad Johnson...
They all have Super Bowl rings.
Hell, even Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer, and Chris Redman
all have superbowl rings.

Tom Brady is running out of fingers.
Makes we wish we had Brady on the bench in 2001...

Imagine such a capable backup?

Begs the question where that leaves a Titan Team in 2003?

That could have been our year, too. Just like 2002...
or possibly 2001 if you started reaching...

Perhaps, If the Texans don't cut off their nose to spite us...

(by that I mean, dork, and draft Young due to fan pressure...
where to allow New Orleans/San Angeles to "choose our destiny" with their selection of a USC player)

Young will fall to us and the training of the new apprentice will begin.

pic_palpatine.jpg

elfinmagic53 said:
No one will beat the Colts. They can't be stopped.

Code-Blue to Ptag: the Pearl is in the Liver. REPEAT. The Pearl is in the Liver. OVER

Ptag to Code-Blue: Keep to the Master Plan. One post on GoTitans.com will not scuttle the Master Plan. OVER

Code-Blue to Ptag: Master Plan Zebra Blue still a GO.

elfinmagic53 said:
No one will beat the Colts. They can't be stopped.
If the Bears take care of their business in the NFC...
Hypothetically spreaking...
against the Colts in a Super Bowl...
if the Bears keep it in the teens...

...it could be a shocker.

Defense wins championships.
The Colts do have balance now.
More so than in previous seasons.

I'd say Denver is underrated at 13-3...
Seattle is hungrier.
Panthers can run on them and have been to the Super Bowl before.
The Brady bunch has owned them...forget regular season.
The Redskins have better karma. :ha:
Pittsburg won 15 in a row...nobody seems to think that was signifigant but this is: whether you like it or not they are physical.

In this league you can never count anyone out, let alone an entire divisional playoff field... the law of any given Sunday, right?

star_wars-clone_army.jpg

Here you go Starkiller...there's your clone army.

Hey Polar, check my response again.

First time Indianapolis wins a Super Bowl in 40 years!

Since this is Super Bowl 40, the statement is correct, because as you pointed out, I mentioned Indianapolis and not Baltimore.

I think (and this isn't just my wallet talking) that the Panthers have a real good shot of winning the NFC and then beating the Colts ( or whoever is AFC champion).

The Panthers match up pretty well on the Colts, particularly as they can generate pressure on the QB without blitzing and they are VERY good at stopping the run. On Offense Steve Smith is awesome and I reckon Drew Carter will have 3 or 4 big plays in the playoffs to provide some balance.

But more than anything else, the reason I like the Panthers is because of their coaching and playcalling. I reckon John Fox is about as good a coach as there is in the NFL and their playcalling in the game against the Giants was outstanding.

coltman18 said:
Hey Polar, check my response again.

First time Indianapolis wins a Super Bowl in 40 years!

Since this is Super Bowl 40, the statement is correct, because as you pointed out, I mentioned Indianapolis and not Baltimore.

You need to pay attention to BiPolar's pic under his last post. To the Mannings, the Vince Lombardi trophy will always be a dream. Especially when they are cloned from Dan Marino. They can throw straight, but they are direly afflicted with DannyBoy syndrome. No rings, so all those throws are just flings of time wasted.... WU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back