Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: According to the agents representing Vince Young and Matt Leinart, the Titans are willing to go with a rookie QB right away. "The indications I got from them was that if they drafted Vince, they would like him to be ready to come in and be able start this year," said agent Major Adams, who accompanied Young to Nashville last week. Chuck Price, who represents Leinart, left Nashville with the same impression. "Obviously, with the situation with Steve right now, they are probably looking for someone who has the ability to play right away with that pick, whether it’s Matt or Vince or Jay [Cutler of Vanderbilt]," Price said. "If the situation works out where they can bring Steve back, and Matt or whoever else can learn from him for a year, then that would be a good situation. But right now, the way things are, they don’t have Steve."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

And to comment on the story: smokescreen.

If the Titans want a player to start immediately it means we won't draft Young or Cutler, since they both could use a year on the bench. And actually I believe Leinart would too.

Ewker said:
is a 4-12 season with a rookie QB any worse than a 4-12 season with McNair?
If the team feels 4-12 (or even 6-10) is what this team can do after bringing in free agents and having their young talent mature another year, then bringing back McNair would be a waste of money.

But if they felt the Titans are at best a 4-12 team, I would say it would be time to replace those who felt that way.

The story can't be anything more than fluff from the agents. I hope to God the FO isn't thinking about just throwing a young QB into the fire.

danny said:
When Givens was signed, was he under the assumption McNair would be throwing him the ball ?

We have no idea what was said to Givens about Mcnair. Other than probably telling Givens he would be the #1 wr and how much money he was getting he may not have cared who was throwing the ball to him.

Be truthful here, with McNair and Volek both you have a history of injuries. So I think whomever we draft will play at least some and maybe a lot because of injuries to the starters.

GhostZ said:
so im guessing that he is a running back?

Oaklahoma RB. He ran for 2000 yards his freshman year. Last year he was hurt half the year. He is a great talent and I suspect we would have to be about as bad next year as we were this year to have a shot at him.

goTitans.com said:
What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

If by "right away" they mean after Volek or McNair leads them to a 2-4 start heading into the bye-week, then I'm on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back