Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
OK, this team is BS. It's pretty bad when you name your All-NFL team, and I can create a team that would kill it.

Take a look at Vic's team, and then my team. The A'll-Beat Vic Team. The rules for my team is that I can't choose anyone from Vic's team. Obviously, I have a colts bias, but it shouldn't matter that much.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9140994

Vic's team:

QB -- Tom Brady, New England
RB -- Shaun Alexander, Seattle
WR -- Steve Smith, Carolina; Hines Ward, Pittsburgh
TE -- Antonio Gates, San Diego
OT -- Walter Jones, Seattle; Willie Anderson, Cincinnati
OG -- Steve Hutchinson, Seattle; Randy Thomas, Washington
C -- Shaun O'Hara, New York Giants
FB -- Mack Strong, Seattle
. . . . .
Defense

DE -- Osi Umenyiora, New York Giants; Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis
DT -- Jamal Williams, San Diego; Marcus Stroud, Jacksonville
MLB -- Brian Urlacher, Chicago
OLB -- Shawne Merriman, San Diego; Joey Porter, Pittsburgh
CB -- Ronde Barber, Tampa Bay; Nathan Vasher, Chicago
SS -- Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh
FS -- Bob Sanders, Indianapolis
__________________________________________________ ___________

The 'My Team can Beat Vic Team':

Offense

QB--Peyton Manning
HB--Ladanian Tomlinson
WR--Marvin Harrison, Santana Moss
TE--Tony Gonzalez
OT--Jonathon Ogden, Willie Roaf
C--Jeff Saturday
OG--Will Shields, Larry Allen
FB--Lorenzo Neal

. . . . .
Defense

DE--Jason Taylor, Julius Peppers
DT--Shaun Rogers, Corey Simon
OLB--Cato June, Derrick Brooks (or Maybe Keith Bulluck?)
MLB--Zach Thomas
CB--Champ Bailey, Ty Law
SS--Roy Williams
FS--Jason Lynch

Is there any question that my team would win? I'm not even talking about pure talent (I didn't choose Moss , T.O., or Ray Lewis) my team even had a better YEAR in 2005 than Vic's team! WTF trash kind fo squad was that Vic?

At least Black Bob and Freeney were on it. Are you telling me that out of the entire 14-2 Colts, those 2 guys had the best year? Wow.

The first step in choosing an All-NFL team is making sure that there is no other combination of players that could easily and obviously defeat your squad. I believe that Vic skipped this step. After that step, you can start looking for guys who had a great 2005. Vic's team does neither. For instance, if he wanted the best DE's in football, he'd choose Freeney and Peppers or maybe Strahan. If he wanted to choose the 2 DE's that had the best 2005 season, there's no question, he'd choose Robert Mathis and Kyle Vanden Bosch. I think Vic was drunk when he made this team.

I think his team is based on the players performances this year, in which that team is accurate, although Merriman shouldn't be on it.

titansfan9 said:
I think his team is based on the players performances this year, in which that team is accurate, although Merriman shouldn't be on it.

OK, then agree with me on this, if the team is only 2005 performance based, then the following need to be on there:

Carson Palmer
Chad Johnson
Deltha O'neal
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Robert Mathis
Santana Moss
Cato June

Did these guys not have the best years in the league?

Well Brady, Alexander, and Smith are very accuarate. But Hines shouldn't have got the nod over Chad Johnson and Deltha O'neal outperformed Rhonde Barber

thnom said:
hahaha, yours is laughable considering you don't have urlacher in there.

OK, duder, obviously you didn't read the guidelines.

I made that team out of ONLY GUYS THAT VIC DIDN'T PICK.

Clearly, Urlacher, Polamalu, Black Bob, Freeney, would be on my list if I picked my own team, but that wasn't the point.

I still think it's funny that these analysts think Brady is better than Manning.

Without the defense playing well, Brady was an average QB.

Other WRs overlooked were Joey Galloway and Larry Fitzgerald. Both had great years. Better than Ward IMO.

Cato June

Gunny said:
No, no, no, no your just trying to be funny now.

Brady did lead the league in passing yards, Manning didnt 'win' you a lot of earlier games your defense did.

Hahaha
Gunny, you never cease to amaze me. You're in Australia right? You must not get NFL news up to date.

so we weren't 13-0 because of Manning, we were 13-0 because of our defense. Do you think Cato June's 5 interceptions in 4 games may have helped that situation?

Cato June is a Pro Bowler. If anything, I was trying to be 'funny' when I listed Keith bulluck as an alternate.

SwingOnDeezBalz said:
Cato June

Hahaha
Gunny, you never cease to amaze me. You're in Australia right? You must not get NFL news up to date.

so we weren't 13-0 because of Manning, we were 13-0 because of our defense. Do you think Cato June's 5 interceptions in 4 games may have helped that situation?

Cato June is a Pro Bowler. If anything, I was trying to be 'funny' when I listed Keith bulluck as an alternate.

Being a Colt fan I will forgive you for not being able to read.

I said your defense won you a lot of your earlier game. KEY WORD - Earlier.

Such as the Jags and Browns.

Cato June had 5 INTs, last ones was against the Rams in week 6, he also had 2 against the talented Rookie Alex Smith (wow).

He also barely had 100 tackles, ZERO sacks, and ZERO forced fumbles and seven pass defenses.

compared with Keith Bulluck who had

138 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 interceptions, a forced fumble and 10 pass defenses.

Gunny said:
Cato June had 5 INTs, last ones was against the Rams in week 6, he also had 2 against the talented Rookie Alex Smith (wow).

He also barely had 100 tackles, ZERO sacks, and ZERO forced fumbles and seven pass defenses.

compared with Keith Bulluck who had
138 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 interceptions, a forced fumble and 10 pass defenses.
pooh%20owned.jpg

:ha:

coltman18 said:
I still think it's funny that these analysts think Brady is better than Manning.

Without the defense playing well, Brady was an average QB.

No offense, bro, but I think maybe they were distracted by the 3 shiny rings on Brady's fingers...

I don't really have a problem with Carriuci's list. I think it would be tough to beat. I DO agree that Chad Johnson deserves a look on there, and Merriman is a glamour pick based on his ONE big game vs you guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MVP is for the season not the career. So, his rings shouldn't automatically give him an MVP nomination.

And besides the yards thrown, what else did Brady accomplish?

Most TDs? Nope. #1: Palmer, #2: Peyton, #3 Brady
Completion Percentage? Nope. Of the QBs who played 16 games, Palmer is #1 with 67.8, Peyton is #2 with 67.3 and Brady is #5 with 63.0.

Brady didn't do anything special to deserve the MVP award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back