Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Amik but he is a liability in the run game...if you project him to the slot then usually you want someone who is a solid tackler. His size would say he should play in the slot, but he actually does a good job of jamming bigger/taller WRs at the los.

Cam Dantzler or jaylon Johnson...maybe diggs or Terrell. I do like amik too tho. Should be interesting to see who JR picks. Not much longer!

Its interesting that Amik has made 2 separate visits/face times

Amani Hooker did the same last yr

He was hurt for the combine too right? So he could not run.

But, as we have seen, JRob not afraid to roll the dice on a guy who cannot work out.

I like Amik but he is a liability in the run game...if you project him to the slot then usually you want someone who is a solid tackler. His size would say he should play in the slot, but he actually does a good job of jamming bigger/taller WRs at the los.

He is a liability in the run game, but I do not think it is major. His size limits him but he is pretty good tackling.

Dont get the Gladney love at all, why would anyone want that guy?

Why wouldn't you? Very impressive combine numbers combined with a highly productive career. Only Fulton and Jaylon Johnson are above him on my list of CBs that might be available at 29.

Why wouldn't you? Very impressive combine numbers combined with a highly productive career. Only Fulton and Jaylon Johnson are above him on my list of CBs that might be available at 29.
I watched just 3 games cut ups of his, maybe i picked the wrong 3.

I dont see a bad player at all, but I also dont see what the hype is about so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gladney is ok, just don't get the 1st round hype. He's limited physically(5'10) and athletically(4.47) and his tape isn't that impressive.

Gladney is ok, just don't get the 1st round hype. He's limited physically(5'10) and athletically(4.47) and his tape isn't that impressive.

Dude is clearly athletic. People expected much faster in the combine. Watching him run with Mims, I don't think speed is a problem at all.

You seem to put a lot of value on height at CB. The Titans are more comfortable with taking a 5'10" CB than a lot of other teams. That's clear.

I like him a lot, but also don't love him as our 1st pick.

Problem with picking 29 is that unless someone really drops, you are going to end up with someone that a lot of folks had as a 2nd rounder. There are at least 15 guys that I think would be a steal in the 2nd, but would find mildly disappointing as a 1st round pick. ...especially after Landry and Brown the last 2 years, both of whom were sometimes mocked to us in the 1st.

Dude is clearly athletic. People expected much faster in the combine. Watching him run with Mims, I don't think speed is a problem at all.

You seem to put a lot of value on height at CB. The Titans are more comfortable with taking a 5'10" CB than a lot of other teams. That's clear.

I like him a lot, but also don't love him as our 1st pick.

Problem with picking 29 is that unless someone really drops, you are going to end up with someone that a lot of folks had as a 2nd rounder. There are at least 15 guys that I think would be a steal in the 2nd, but would find mildly disappointing as a 1st round pick. ...especially after Landry and Brown the last 2 years, both of whom were sometimes mocked to us in the 1st.
There is at least some value to picking in the 1st. If the guy works out we get the 5th yr option. But a trade back scenario does seem best with how great rounds 2-4 of this class look.

There is at least some value to picking in the 1st. If the guy works out we get the 5th yr option. But a trade back scenario does seem best with how great rounds 2-4 of this class look.

Yessir.

...but I think that that fans (including myself) get too caught up on value and more specifically getting value at every pick. Not every pick can be a value pick and it doesn't always make sense to trade down. So I gotta remind myself and others that you gotta look at the overall picture of how you used the draft to improve your team.

There is nothing wrong with those numbers. He is average height for an NFL corner. 4.47 40 is also above average. The tape I've seen is pretty impressive. Plus, he has extensive experience in a pass happy league and has graded out very well during that time. I'd probably rather have Henderson, Jaylon Johnson, Fulton, or Terrell, but Gladney is right up there with them, imo. The one guy I'm not high on (at least in the 1st round) is Diggs. He just doesn't have much experience and is too raw, despite his ultra athletic ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back