Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
ok... Vince Young and Reggie Bush are gone #1 & #2 or whatever...
The Titans are on the clock...

Is it insane to take Matt Leinart straight up?
Is trading out the right thing to do?
i.e. angle for Hawk, Brick, Cutler...

How far do you trade down before you get stupid?

Well, if the right trade offer is there, we trade of course, problem is forecasting what the right trade offer should be. I wouldn't trade further than #9 though, and even then there's a big chance all 3 quarterbacks will be gone.

Starkiller said:
I don't like Leinart that much. Trade down with someone who wants him or just pick someone else.

i've heard it from 'around the way' a few folks thinkin' we take Cutler @ 3
it doesn't make sense from 'value' standpoint. but neither did Kevin Dyson/Andre Woolfolk / Joey Kent

Puck said:
i've heard it from 'around the way' a few folks thinkin' we take Cutler @ 3
it doesn't make sense from 'value' standpoint. but neither did Kevin Dyson/Andre Woolfolk / Joey Kent

I hope the Titans take Vince Young. Now from a value standpoint, per senior bowl and combine results, Andre was ranked Third among available Corners in the 2003 draft. Don't take my word, go back and check it.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2003/Printout2CB.htm

The other two ahead, Newman and Trufant were gone. So if the Titans were looking to draft a corner with their first pick then they followed protocol. From a Value standpoint, they were on point when they picked. You're basing your statement on what you feel about him since then. At the time of the pick it made sense.

1. To trade down you gotta find someone willing to give up picks and take the #3 spot, from what i'm hearing no one wants it.
2. I don't think the Texans will take Vince Young, but if they do I can tell you that I bet the farm that the Saints will take Lienart before Bush, just because QB is what they need and that's which way they are going.

I think Leinert is a great fit here. Just as good as Vince Young, and has the credentials to back it up. The ? marks with Matt are very limited. He's done everything that has been asked of him and more. He's certainly deserving of being a number 1 pick. He's just not as flashy. But has a real competitive spirt as seen in the rose bowl. He come hard. And you can see it on his face. He's a competitor.

I say we trade volek to the saints for their 3rd round pick, which is so early in that round its more like picking at a late 2nd. Then we dont have anything to worry about when it comes to them picking a qb! Then they pick hawk or fergurson, we get young or bush and live happily ever after.

Da Architek said:
I say we trade volek to the saints for their 3rd round pick, which is so early in that round its more like picking at a late 2nd. Then we dont have anything to worry about when it comes to them picking a qb! Then they pick hawk or fergurson, we get young or bush and live happily ever after.
pigs.jpg

:))

PhiSlammaJamma said:
I think Leinert is a great fit here. Just as good as Vince Young, and has the credentials to back it up. The ? marks with Matt are very limited. He's done everything that has been asked of him and more. He's certainly deserving of being a number 1 pick. He's just not as flashy. But has a real competitive spirt as seen in the rose bowl. He come hard. And you can see it on his face. He's a competitor.
i'd like a qb who can throw a 15 yard out without blowing out his arm.

Me, I do everything in my power to trade down 1-3 spots and target Brick, Hawk, Cutler, then Leinart.... in that order... if it is an amazing trade where we get ridiculously good in the process(?) ... then I go absolutely no lower than about 12, and target DeAngelo Williams or one of the previous 4 if somebody falls.

But in truth, I wish there were a way to get A.J. Hawk and someone like Cutler or Williams... that would be absolutely incredible and I would be okay with giving up our first next year to make it happen.(I think those three are that good!)

I dont think there will be anyone who is willing to give up great draft picks to move up to three. I think people are willing to take the chance on Cutler, AJ, MArio, ect with the picks they have. I will be pissed if we pass on VY, and whoever we draft better be ready to impress the crap out of me. On the same note, I wanted Williams last year, and I am VERY happy with how Pacman is turning out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back