Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Just one day after adding two free agents, the Titans have announced a 4:00 press conference to announce more signings.

Stay with Titans Radio for more details.

Tuesday, the Titans signed wide receiver David Givens and agreed to terms with center Kevin Mawae Tuesday.

Givens comes over after four seasons with the Patriots. He's tallied 158 catches for 2,214 yards and 12 touchdowns. Givens' deal is worth approximately $24 million over five years.

''I think David again is the prime candidate for free agency,'' General Manager Floyd Reese said. ''He's young, he's healthy, he's productive, he is as classy as anyone you will want to meet.''

The Jets recently released Mawae, a 12-year veteran, because of salary cap concerns. Mawae replaces center Justin Hartwig, who joined the Panthers Sunday. Mawae's deal is reported to be a four-year deal worth approximately $13 million.

''This is really a key signing for us because of his abilities, what he's capable of doing, I think there's definitely an upgrade,'' Head Coach Jeff Fisher said.

Wow......we get Hope too !!!

What a week this has been. We are really filling some holes here. Floyd is really doing a great job. Can't wait to see the numbers on Hope.

Let's 'hope' all of these guys work out.

They are all young, good, classy and from excellent programs. This is not only good for 'on the field' but for 'off the field' as well. Our locker room needed guys like this.

Go Titans!!!

bigtitan53279 said:
am i the only one who isnt thrilled with this signing?
I'm not really sure about this one myself. He shouldn't be that expensive, yet the Steelers didn't even try to keep him. Not really a great sign...

Starkiller, but PIT thinks Polamalu is the best thing sliced bread so nothing he does will be anything compared to him. Same as Will Demps with Ed Reed.

i listened to a lot of pittsburgh radio during the season - some believe he is one reason troy p. was given so much freedom, others believe him to be a liability in coverage. I'm not too excited myself but atleast they are addressing the area after what we went through at saftey last year.

Hope is better than a rookie or Tank Williams. I don't know if he is a long term answer, but he is definately our best choice for the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back