Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
"AP reports a sports talk radio station in Dallas this week reported the Houston Texans and Minnesota Vikings are working on a trade involving WR Troy Williamson. The Texans were interested in drafting Williamson last year and reported to be high on his potential."

I wonder if this is for the first pick overall? A couple of possibilities occur to me.

1) Trade involves Domanick Davis and picks for Williamson, who went 7th overall last year. This clears the table for Texans to draft Bush without conflict. Vikes are deep at WR, and deep in unsuitable running backs.

2) Trade involves Williamson + extra for Houston's first round pick. Vikings look to unload Culpepper and draft QB, maybe Young.

I wouldn't post this if this wasn't the boring time. Any thoughts? To me it's not clear how the Vikes make the path to the first overall, and why the Texans are interested.

One last thought, kind of crazy. Vikes deal Culpepper to AZ for #10. Deal Williamson, #10 and #17 for #1. Draft Young or Leinart. Texans draft LenDale White or other playmaker and OLine.

I really doubt that any 1st rounders are used. Troy Williamson and Mewdle Moore for Domanick Davis and a 3rd/2nd rounder.

I think Bush is taken #1 regardless of who picks first. It's about the only lock in the draft, IMO.

If Bush was on the board after the second pick. This is how it would go:

Commish: The Tennessee Titans are now on the...

[Loud noises offstage like breaking glass, running footsteps, shouting... followed by Reese busting onto the stage and slamming into the podium Terry Tate-like with a card in his hand to give to Commish...]

[You can barely hear the Commish announcing the pick as Reese is doing a happy dance and whooping it up. High-fiving everyone on the front row, etc.]

TitanJeff said:

[Loud noises offstage like breaking glass, running footsteps, shouting... followed by Reese busting onto the stage and slamming into the podium Terry Tate-like with a card in his hand to give to Commish...]

[You can barely hear the Commish announcing the pick as Reese is doing a happy dance and whooping it up. High-fiving everyone on the front row, etc.]
nice one!

TitanJeff said:
I think Bush is taken #1 regardless of who picks first. It's about the only lock in the draft, IMO.

I especially like the breaking glass. You left out Floyd doing a last "comb-over" before taking the podium, but then maybe he might forget to after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back