Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
http://earth.google.com/

download this program and you can search the globe, the mapping is in such detail I actually found my house and saw the roof.

Amazing stuff, I think it was taken early this year.

I kinda wish it would be really upto date the images so I could look in on whats going on in Lebanon.

Google Earth is the Total Shizznit! The finest of digital globes!

Be sure to check out the topography and building settings where applicable.

Hawaii's aerial photography just got added very recently. Now I can see my house...type in 300 Nehu Place, Kihei, HI

Check out the twin sister program "Stellarium"...it's basically "Google Sky", and it works in real time. If you zoom in on a planet, you have to freeze time; otherwise the planet just zips out of sight due to our rotation and it's orbit.

Gunny, do you have any idea how many satelittes would have to orbit earth for uptodate pictures of the entire globe?

And I used it for the last 3 weeks to track the progress of every stage in the Tour de France, pretty cool actually.

titanbuoy said:
I can see my Niagara Falls store... and it looks like my car is parked out back! What the heck am I doing there?

Dude, I'll be in the Falls on the 11th of August, where's your store?

That's sweet. Anyone know if the beta version (version 4) is better?

Anyone know the address to LP Field?

Ah nevermind, think I found the field :)

Seems like some places, like where I live, have bad resolution. But other places have really good resolution. Like I can see the 4 seats I had season tickets for at The Colesium 2 years ago :O

Here's where I went fishing this morning:

20 degrees 56'43.42"N
156 degrees 19'10.83" W

Lava fields, strong winds, crashing waves... :cool:

Seems like some places, like where I live, have bad resolution. But other places have really good resolution.

Pardon if I misunderstand your statement...
The low resolution is satellite imagery. The high resolution is aeriel photography; I don't think they're coming from the same camera. Look for superimposed clouds. Also notice the dark/light shading of the pictures.

avvie said:
The low resolution is satellite imagery. The high resolution is aeriel photography; I don't think they're coming from the same camera. Look for superimposed clouds. Also notice the dark/light shading of the pictures.

yeah it's a mix, at the bottom of the screen you can see where Google got the images from (TerraMetrics, GeoContent, NASA, etc.).

Can someone explain to me why there's so much detail in Missouri though??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back