Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Not sure what the cap hit would be to get rid of Dupree but I think we have to keep Landry. Also think David Long is key for us. Long deserves a raise for his play.

No chance. Dupree came on towards of the end of the season when he finally got healthy. 3 sacks and 11 TFL in his last 5 games, including the playoff game.

But the most obvious reason is that it would cost more to cut him than what his 2022 cap number actually is. So he actually costs more money to cut than he would to keep him on the roster.

Landry should absolutely be tagged, but I wouldn't resign him long term. He isn't a core piece and giving him a big deal would make it harder to re-sign Simmons and AJ. I mentioned multiple times, I would tag Landry and trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think tagging Landry this season then dumping Dupree the next season to bring Landry back long term would be more likely and also more beneficial

Bud Dupree is still an active member of the Tennessee Titans.

Until information is made known about a restructuring, trade, or likewise - please refrain from speculative opinion..

No chance Dupree is a lot of the reason the defense improved so much. Even though he didn’t rack up tons of sacks he was always making plays and drawing attention he opened up chances for Landry and Autry to make plays!

Cutting Bud Dupree would create negative cap space next season.

I would imagine any Landry deal would push its big cap hits until 2024 onward. That means Dupree is here until then at least.

Which he should be because he is a reason Landry was so hood the back half of the season. We trive on a four man rush... kinda need four men

Why can't we have two nice things? We need to tag Landry and sign him long term.

Also - just playing devil's advocate here, with Bud's recent run in with the law and a court date in the summer, I wonder if the Titans could cut him for cause and not owe any of the remaining part of his contract?

Not saying I want them to do that, but curious if it's an option and if they'd consider it if they wanted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back