Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We've had a very productive offseason (in the last 3 days)...Is there any chance we go after anyone else? I think we're pretty much tapped out by now, but who knows....thoughts? Starkiller, what do the #'s look like?

IMO if we save the 2.5 million by releasing Sirmon we could find a vet MLB fairly cheap who can be a 2 down run stopper. Thats the biggest hole on defense right now. I'm not sure we have any pressing needs on offense right now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a young cheap CB to see how he plays out in training camp. Try and find some diamonds in the rough like KVB last year. Maybe even a cheap RB..

You make it sound like there are lots of good, young, cheap players out there for the picking...

Basically the only way to get someone who fits that description is in the draft (and undrafted free agents). The only exception to that rule is with a guy who has dealt with massive injuries like KVB did. It takes a lot for 30 other teams to completely give up on an NFL prospect.

thnom said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a young cheap CB to see how he plays out in training camp. Try and find some diamonds in the rough like KVB last year. Maybe even a cheap RB..

If they want young, cheap CBs or RB then they will do it late in the draft. I don't see us signing anymore FA's. Only way we will sign anyone else is if we release Sirmon or McNair. I don't see us just releasing Sirmon. We will probably trade him if we get rid of him, but we'll see if he still wants to be gone after he has his sitdown chit-chat. If we release McNair it won't be until after the draft.

a lot of people talk about trading sirmon but who is gonna what him and what price do they ask and give i mean his value declined drastically after his comments and his lack of consistency last year but who knows maybe we can hoard draft picks from houston again lol

Does anyone have a round-a-bout idea of how much cap room we have left to sign anyone? SK? Jeff?

There's talk of Ty Law, but that seems too rich for our bank account.

Maybe there's room for Greisen or Bently. I can't recall seeing Bently play, anyone have any opinion of him?

If we are really going to bring in Law for a visit, he's going to sign...we're 4 for 4 (forget Bentley and Greisen) so far. Reese must be the best sweet talking son of a gun.....if we want to win now because Bud is on his last leg, then we really need to get Vinetiari...a clutch veteran K. Even in our heyday, we won a lot of close games thanks to Gary Anderson and Al Del Greco.

Bobo said:
Does anyone have a round-a-bout idea of how much cap room we have left to sign anyone? SK? Jeff?
Not sure because I haven't seen any terms on Chris Hope's contract. But I'm guessing we are right at about the cap (give or take) if you count in the rookie cap and McNair's $1M bonus.

There's still a lot of flexibility left in that, though. If they just extend McNair, it could free up a ton. Or they could renegotiate with Bulluck. Or cut Wade and Nickey.

Starkiller said:
Not sure because I haven't seen any terms on Chris Hope's contract. But I'm guessing we are right at about the cap (give or take) if you count in the rookie cap and McNair's $1M bonus.

There's still a lot of flexibility left in that, though. If they just extend McNair, it could free up a ton. Or they could renegotiate with Bulluck. Or cut Wade and Nickey.

So maybe there's a chance of signing someone like Greisen or Bently (if either are worth it). The Ty Law rumor sounds a little odd since I thought we'd have to give him a big pay day like the Jets did last year....at least I seem to remember him getting a big pay day.

I think they'd like to sign Griesen or Bentley (probably Griesen from what I'm hearing) if Sirmon still wants released after "the talk." Word around New York is he can play, and I believe has had more pt than Bentley at Seattle. He should be rather inexpensive, compared to the others we've signed, especially when you take into consideration he's going to be off the field in the nickle package. I think they're just waiting on Sirmon to get back. Personally, if Griesen especially is the guy, I'm for saving the money. I'm getting the "buyer's remorse" feeling for spending so much money already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back