Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
This news is couple days old, but I just read on espn.com that LaVar bought out the rest of his contract to become a free agent. Any takers?

Might be able to afford him with the higher cap number, but Im undecided on wheher we should sign him. I think some other players might be better for the "team".

LT played in a whole different timeperiod, you can't equate the two.

The knock on Arrington is his tendency to freelance, and from what I've seen, it's a legit concern, however if you can live with it, he'd be a great pickup. Personally I'd rather draft one in the 2. round, it's a deep group this year, so there's likely to be some great players left.

I don't think Arrington is a good fit for us. I would rather spend the money on more players.
Arrington makes too many mistakes to be compared favorably with LT. Can you imagine anybody giving LT his release to go play for another team. And LT had the drug problems hanging ove him.
If this was fantasy football, I would take him. But I don't think he is the right guy for us. To me, he is the prime example of a player thinking that his natural ability has gotten him this far and it will continue to carry him along. He needs to be in the right system. The knock on him is that he wouldn't do what the coaches wanted him to do, that he took it upon himself to freelance. So I ask this, if he couldn't play for G. Williams, and most of us would like to see this defense play like a G. Williams defense, then why would we want Arrington in nashville?

Vigsted said:
LT played in a whole different timeperiod, you can't equate the two.

The knock on Arrington is his tendency to freelance, and from what I've seen, it's a legit concern, however if you can live with it, he'd be a great pickup.

Yes, I can equate the two. Both are freakish athletes who were known to disregard the scheme and freelance.

Yea, I like Witherspoon alot myself. I would rather have him over June. I just think that Witherspoon is a better fit, better against the run. He would be a great addition to the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back