Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I attended this morning's practice which will be my last time making the trip to Clarksville for a while, it will be nice to have the Titans back at Baptist Sports Park. I appreciate it and my gas tank will too.

Gee, here's a shocker, it was hot as heck at practice today and all I had to do was stand on the sidelines. I'm continually amazed that the guys can practice in this heat.

Lot's of hurry up offense plays being run today.

LenDale White, Brandon Jones, Drew and Haynesworth were a few players I noticed weren't practicing.

The team looked a little uninspired today. I can tell that Training camp is getting old and they look a bit tired and beat up. Lots of wrapped knees.

Pictures from this morning's practice are now posted in the goPhotos section.

Autograph Schedule
Morning Session: Jamie Petrowski, Sean Conover

Afternoon Session: Jamie Petrowski, Sean Conover, Zach Piller, Randy Starks

"With WRs Drew Bennett and David Givens held out, Tyrone Calico still ranked no better than fourth in the pecking order at the position."

Da Architek said:
Im too charged about this game Saturday!

It's silly, isn't it? I'm so psyched up for it, it's ridiculous, and it's just a preseason game. I want to see Young, and Brown, and White, and Pacman and....and...everyone!!! I just want to see my team in uniforms hitting some other team.

I think the best suggestion that I've read this offseason was for the NFL to shorten the preseason to two games and make the regular season two weeks longer. Teams would add an extra scrimmage, and we'd get to real football much sooner. Plus, an extra home game!

I think the preseason is too long and should never cost what a regular season game does to fans. But I don't think it'll ever change because the owners on down make money.

All they'd do is jack up the cost of regular season games and possibly even charge more because they'd want to expand the roster due to the additional injuries two more games would cause.

True, I'd expect ticket prices to go up, player salaries would go up too... point is, there would be more real football... worth it to me.

TitanJeff said:
I think the preseason is too long and should never cost what a regular season game does to fans. But I don't think it'll ever change because the owners on down make money.
FYI - The owners won't reduce the number of pre-season games because they generate a ****load of revenue, and starting week #1 they have to start dishing out player salaries. Pre-season revenue pays those salaries.

Honestly, if the owners could keep the current annual salaries at the same level, there's no reason not to get rid of 2 preseason games and replace them with 2 more regular season games. It would just be a matter of stretching out the salaries into 19 weekly checks instead of 17...

Starkiller said:
Honestly, if the owners could keep the current annual salaries at the same level, there's no reason not to get rid of 2 preseason games and replace them with 2 more regular season games. It would just be a matter of stretching out the salaries into 19 weekly checks instead of 17...
Write a letter.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back