Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antowain Smith didnt really do much in Tennessee. He had the chance when Brown went down, and had a 3.7 YPC:sad2:

Pacman did awesome on ST and made some plays at CB. Though he still has a long way to go, I´ll go with Pacman

I'll go with Pac, he did good ST plays and besides he is a show on the field, I think he has everybody's attention when he is on the field.

maximus said:
star-wars-smiley-023.gif
Antawon Smith

PacMan is going to be better, but its hard to compare a backup RB to a problem causing DB(but Pac is doing better)
Sometimes if it's not hard it's not worth doing.

Who played their role the best? Was anybody disappointed with either player more than the other or conversely was anyone impressed with one more than the other or was anyone impressed with one and let down with the other or is this an issue of which you loath more? Are you a big fan of one and can hardly remember any sigifigant contibution of the other? Would another pick or another FA as the case may be would have been / has been a better fit for the team is a very valid point of consideration. Player market is a good equalizer. It's not about the future or what if he was still here or if they had played on the same team. I'm not asking who is a better athlete or who is a better example setter...there are many components that make up a player and a players value to a team as well as his performance on the field and at what cost. It's about impact in a sense and in a whole other it is about contribution or taking away from the greater good whoever #32 is. Was either a burden in their only season as a Titan? Was one an asset and the other a burden or were they both assets? We are only talking about one year as being #32 and in that one year...well, who was the better Titan? Who played their role the best...there...that's what I'm asking.

Yes it is hard. It's comparing and contrasting analytically.

Simply put it's a pro and con score sheet where one could give them a point for a pro and take a point for a con...or a half point depending on the weight of the factor. Both players are a mixed bag when put in this context. If it got broke down the consensus could run tight.

It's sort of like MVP balloting when you weigh a QB against a RB or even a defensive player such a LB.

maximus, great find on that smilie!

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Sometimes if it's not hard it's not worth doing.

Who played their role the best? Was anybody disappointed with either player more than the other or conversely was anyone impressed with one more than the other or was anyone impressed with one and let down with the other or is this an issue of which you loath more? Are you a big fan of one and can hardly remember any sigifigant contibution of the other? Would another pick or another FA as the case may be would have been / has been a better fit for the team is a very valid point of consideration. Player market is a good equalizer. It's not about the future or what if he was still here or if they had played on the same team. I'm not asking who is a better athlete or who is a better example setter...there are many components that make up a player and a players value to a team as well as his performance on the field and at what cost. It's about impact in a sense and in a whole other it is about contribution or taking away from the greater good whoever #32 is. Was either a burden in their only season as a Titan? Was one an asset and the other a burden or were they both assets? We are only talking about one year as being #32 and in that one year...well, who was the better Titan? Who played their role the best...there...that's what I'm asking.

Yes it is hard. It's comparing and contrasting analytically.

Simply put it's a pro and con score sheet where one could give them a point for a pro and take a point for a con...or a half point depending on the weight of the factor. Both players are a mixed bag when put in this context. If it got broke down the consensus could run tight.

It's sort of like MVP balloting when you weigh a QB against a RB or even a defensive player such a LB.

maximus, great find on that smilie!
Good points.
In that case, I would have to go with PacMan. Antowon made little impact during his short year here in TN

Pacman is a great return man.

It's kinda a Henry vs. Smith question at this point unless someone can make a case that Pacman Jones is a poor fit within the organization. I don't see that happening.

pacmansig0oz.gif

What about this #32 debate
Bobby Myers vs PacMan

Definitely going with PacMan on this one

As for the Henry vs Smith
Smith so far, but If we decide to keep Henry, he will probably have a bigger impact than Smith did

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
It's kinda a Henry vs. Smith question at this point unless someone can make a case that Pacman Jones is a poor fit within the organization.

I dont' think Jones fit it very well with the organization in his first year. In my view, he alienated himself from most everyone, including the Vets, his peers, the fans, the media, and even Fisher in the end.
He was definatly a mis-fit.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Pacman is a great return man.
I think it's too early to call him a great return man.

He had a couple great returns (one nullified by penalty) and a few other really good returns.
Don't forget his decesion to not field a punt on the 20 that rolled down and was stopped inside the 5. Poor return man decision.

In the last few games of the season, he got nothing on his returns, and was getting LEVELED after making a catch. Kind of like teams had seen enough film to figure out how to neutralize him.

Now, if next year he gets back in the groove of positive returns, then maybe you can call him a great return man, but not yet.

Pacman obviously had the greater overall impact, but that should in no way minimize what Antowain did.

After a rough start to the 2004 season, Smith stepped in and provided solid (if unspectacular) depth to the Titans running attack. (I kinda thought of him as a poor man's Dominick Davis.) When Brown went down for the season, Antowain actually stepped it up a notch, and made sure that the Titans' running game was always effective, in spite of the injuries that decimated the O-line.

I don't necessarily regret giving up the 3rd round pick for Travis Henry, but I said this at the time, and I'll say it again: I'd rather they re-signed Antowain and kept that pick. Henry is the better RB, but Antowain is a very steady guy to have in the rotation....and we could have really used that pick this year.

Titans edge Jaguars in McNair's return

The Titans won without running back Chris Brown, who missed the game with turf toe. Then Antowain Smith, starting in place of Brown, scored from 1 yard out. McNair ran for the 2-point conversion.
smith_antowain.jpg
img7914360.jpg

Smith finished with 95 yards rushing in his first start of the season. He entered the game with 88 yards on 26 carries. The Titans won for only the second time in seven weeks thanks mostly to McNair, who finished 18-for-30 for 209 yards despite showing some signs of rust.
``He had been in the garage, but we let the four-wheel drive out of the garage,'' Kinney said.

``This was a big win for this football team considering what they have been through and the things they have had to overcome,' '
``This is one we snuck away with,' ' coach Jeff Fisher said.

``We knew they would come out fired up because they were like a wounded dog -- if you stick your hand out to try to pet it, you will get bitten,' ' Garrard said.
"They weren't anywhere near the type of talented team that they usually are, which is what makes this all the more sickening," Taylor said. "No way in hell are we supposed to lose that game to that team," Fred Taylor said.

TEN@JAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back