Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Been a while since we had a good TV show thread.

Some reason Better Call Saul is better:
  • The legal drama
  • Mike, the best character from Breaking Bad is a main character and probably the third best character in Better Call Saul (After Lalo and Nacho)
  • Lalo is bad-ass
  • Annoying wives (Marie and Skylar) are not in it, at least not until the very end
  • Pinkman and Walter got annoying after a while
  • Slippin Jimmy running cons
  • Each season better than the one before it

1080x360

Last edited by a moderator:
Been watching The Boys on Amazon. It's pretty solid show it's like what it would really be like if super heros were smashing through buildings and destroying things. It's also like if the Justice League was a corporation how it would be run, optics, making money off of the heros etc. It's got it's funny parts too, I like how they shit on and clown with their version of Aquaman.

Lalo the best villain since Simpco from Turn

was a shame how much weight Gus, Pinkman, Mike, Huell hell even Saul himself put on in the decade since BB ended. This was a prequel at heart and seeing, especially Gus, less than ideal was harsh.

when Gus went to the 'safe house' and it was not FBI I was stunned - LOL

NOT as good as BB but better than most anything else. Would rank BB, Wire, BCS

Lalo the best villain since Simpco from Turn

was a shame how much weight Gus, Pinkman, Mike, Huell hell even Saul himself put on in the decade since BB ended. This was a prequel at heart and seeing, especially Gus, less than ideal was harsh.

when Gus went to the 'safe house' and it was not FBI I was stunned - LOL

NOT as good as BB but better than most anything else. Would rank BB, Wire, BCS

The Wire, BCS then BB for me :)

BCS was so much better in every way for me.............. except for watching the fat security guard eat a cinnabon with a knife and fork while he talked about Cornhusker football.

honestly didnt know this show was still around. i enjoyed it several years ago, then lost track of it after it seemed like gorever between seasons.

what channel and hiw do you pick up prior seasons? this is just weird to me!

I got the whole series on sale at amazon during black friday.. I would say marginally better than BB, but I did not like the "present day" storyline in the last season.. it was fine in little teasers, but it seemed like filler during the last season plus the black and white was hard to watch for long periods IMO

Walter got annoying in BB for sure; Chuck was kind of annoying in BCS though

I enjoyed Mike getting a lot more time.. Nacho and Lalo were good characters too, the writers are pretty real good for the most part

@kstone FWIW i thought the finale was kind of weak, what made it so good to you?

but I did not like the "present day" storyline in the last season.. it was fine in little teasers, but it seemed like filler during the last season plus the black and white was hard to watch for long periods IMO

I agree with you there.

I love Cobra Kai too and find they have the exact opposite problem. Cobra Kai seems to rush through things that could have used more time. BB and BCS have a tendency to drag stuff out.

Easily the most annoying thing in BCS was that montage of the fat security guard eating Cinnabon, over and over, with a knife and fork while talking Cornhusker football.

I enjoyed Mike getting a lot more time.. Nacho and Lalo were good characters too, the writers are pretty real good for the most part

All the stuff with Mike was really great and got to love the way Nacho went out. For me, Lalo was the best character in either series.

I got the whole series on sale at amazon during black friday.. I would say marginally better than BB, but I did not like the "present day" storyline in the last season.. it was fine in little teasers, but it seemed like filler during the last season plus the black and white was hard to watch for long periods IMO

Walter got annoying in BB for sure; Chuck was kind of annoying in BCS though

@kstone FWIW i thought the finale was kind of weak, what made it so good to you?
Wrapped everything up good. Saul had his last great moment when he got the sentence reduce. Then took account for all the stuff he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back