Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
NFL News Click here to find out more!

Owners break off talks with players union Click here to find out more!

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (March 2, 2006) -- NFL owners voted unanimously Thursday to break off talks with the players' union on a contract extension, leaving the current salary cap in place with the start of free agency looming -- and possibly forcing the mass dumping of veterans.

The owners, who met for 57 minutes Thursday morning, endorsed a recommendation by their management council executive committee to reject the union's latest proposal.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue was expected to have a news conference later Thursday morning.

saw on my Fantasy Football site...no link yet..breaking news..actually was a press conference

Colin Cowherd played a clip of Tag's news conference this morning. It sounds like the owners are pretty strong in their resolve. Either that, or they are playing a really dangerous game of chicken with the NFLPA.

nigel said:
Colin Cowherd played a clip of Tag's news conference this morning. It sounds like the owners are pretty strong in their resolve. Either that, or they are playing a really dangerous game of chicken with the NFLPA.

It’s really easy. They are the owners and have money in the reserves; the players are the ones who end up losing the most. I think the NHL's lockout was a major message for all professional sports. I doubt you see any more work stoppages in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back