Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
ESPN radio reports the Chargers will NOT franchise tag or transition tag Drew Brees, so if he does not sign a contract by March 3, he's a free agent... McNair's bargaining position just went down some...couple that with Brunell and Kitna, there will be some options for us if he retires or decides to leave...

I could see Brees in Miami, Detroit, Baltimore, possibly Dallas..

Dallas are comfortable with Drew Beldsoe as are Baltimore with Boller. I see Brees going to Detroit where the QB position is really unsettled however he will cash in huge

I am anxious so see how Brees comes back following his shoulder injury. At the time it happened, it was reported that he would not be able to throw for at least six months.

Gunny said:
I wouldnt mind Brees.

Brees isnt going to sign with someone to mentor another young QB. Unless we decide to pass on Vince Young, thats not gonna happen.

Also, it looks like Pennington will be on the FA market too, though I dont see people beating down his door to sign him.

Starkiller said:
I'm not sure the Jets can afford the cap hit of releasing Pennington.
The Jets will be screwed up for the next couple of years because they are cap strapped and they have no QB.
Magini definitely has his hands full

McNair will remain a Titan we just have to give it time and trust Floyd to get his job done. But I agree we can scare McNair into signing with us b/c of all of the competition on the open market. And also does he really want to sign with someone else and end up like Eddie. Let's hope not.

I think Gus Frerotte proved late last season that he can be a good starting QB for the Dolphins although they wouldn't mind having Drew Brees

nigel said:
Brees isnt going to sign with someone to mentor another young QB. Unless we decide to pass on Vince Young, thats not gonna happen.

Also, it looks like Pennington will be on the FA market too, though I dont see people beating down his door to sign him.

i was thinking sign Brees and draft someone else. But then again Brees has his shoulder problems.

McNair's going to be here next season, regardless. Cap number or what, I can't see him walking. He's no Eddie. (sorry, pal, but you f'd up)

Brees must have something scary about his shoulder to let him walk for nada. If SD doesn't want to sign&trade, I'd be leery about bringing him in.

I think Dallas has the kid from Michigan/Yankees waiting, don't they?

metal957 said:
I agree we can scare McNair
Why hasn't anybody made this into a joke yet? That's gold. I like that...
Scare McNair...
like the "dare McNair" stategy only haterized... McNair looked a little scared just before a few of those sacks and a couple of those ??? throws.
Scare McNair... man that's evil.:evil: :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back