Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
This was the most embarrassing loss I've seen from a Titans team... EVER. It was a total and complete disgrace. It should leave a horrible taste in this team's mouth all offseason. The front office has a lot to re-evaluate. I think we'll see a lot of new faces next season.

It's going to take a lot more than one draft and a couple of free agents to make the Titans a contender again. An 8-8 season looks like a pipe dream right now.

TitanJeff said:
It's going to take a lot more than one draft and a couple of free agents to make the Titans a contender again.
Early in the season, after a few close losses, it seemed like that's all it would take to make us a contender in '06.
But as the season progressed, it seemed the team chemistry broke down, along with any chance of a respectable season.

Can you blame that on coaching?
Fisher and company will be on the hotseat to show some real improvement next year, I'm thinking.

All I wanted was a good defensive showing today. Apparently that was too much to ask for. "What's on the menu today? What's that? A complete and utter breakdown? Excellent."

Don't believe Reese is totally safe either.........

He got us in this salary cap mess, and he's expected to get us out starting next season.

Hoffa said:
Can you blame that on coaching?
Fisher and company will be on the hotseat to show some real improvement next year, I'm thinking.
I mentioned this before the bye week because I think it's fair to question Fisher when you see the team lacking discipline, concentration and intensity.

If he can't turn it around next year, I think it'll be his last.

If there was evidence that Fisher and his coaches took this game off purposefully, I'd really really have a problem with that. Screw strategic draft-picking-position BS. Every Sunday, you need to have your team ready as possible as you can to win. I can't think of any player, outside of Troupe and maybe Nash, who looked like they even wanted to go out and get a W. This team looked liked it had been pre-disposed to losing before gametime, like they were told "meh, just do whatever".

I'm discouraged right now. I sincerely hope there are some BIG changes this offseason.

KamikaZ said:
I'm discouraged right now. I sincerely hope there are some BIG changes this offseason.
"Discouraged" is the right word.

It's hard to find anything positive to take into the offseason.

Watching this game, I couldnt help but think Bud Adams made the rounds in the locker room before kickoff, shaking hands and saying good luck, then whispering in ears "throw long," "drop passes," "miss extra points." I know thats far fetched, but at least it would explain that sorry (edit) performace out there.

Between Fisher and Reese, the GM is not going anywhere.. Reese is Adams most trusted and respected employee...my understanding is that Fisher stays 1 more year because BUD does not want him to go to Houston...kind of like having an ex-wife move into your neighborhood- nobody wants that..and Reese will pick the next coach (personally I'm hoping for Greg Williams)

I just hate our team now. We used to get mad at people when they ran the ball down our throats, now we just shake their hands on the way to the endzone. This is a pathetic excuse of a defensively coached team[blame that on whoever you want]. The excuses were: injuries last year, salary cap purge and youth this year, what will it be next year? Horrible coaching decision[keeping Schwartz] will be my excuse for another wimpy, no-pride having Defense next year.

Im not so sure on Singletary, I know he did a lot with a 49er team that has little talent and a lot of injuries but they did rank last or close too that in defense.

True. A little too soon to be considering him a great coach just because he was a great player. And why would SF want Schwartz when they turned him down last year, now that I think about it?

GLinks said:
True. A little too soon to be considering him a great coach just because he was a great player. And why would SF want Schwartz when they turned him down last year, now that I think about it?

Well if he's already been word that some teams are interested in him as a HC, then he must have some knowledge as a DC. Anyway, that was just a name I was throwing around. I don't think Gregg Williams would come back as a DC (he's destined for HC this offseason anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back