Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Obviously we have to add talent to our WR room and this will happen via FA and the draft.

which FA Wrs do you want us to target???

Vrable has mentioned the need to improve our speed on several occasions and also mentions being versatile.

Darius Slayton is a guy that has 4.4 speed and has played outside and in the slot. Does a good job in fighting for contested balls and battling for YAC. He does have the dropsies on occasion which I don’t like.

Richie James is more of a slot receiver but brings quickness and elusiveness to the field. He has some punt and KOR experience in the NFL. Carthon should know him from his time with the 49ers. James never caught a ton of balls with the Niners but first yr in NY and he catches over 50

I doubt NY is able to resign both of these guys and either would upgrade our WR room.

I also like Noah Brown from the Cowboys. He is 6’2” 222lbs so more of a physical guy. Came out of Ohio State which does a great job of developing WRs. Has been stuck in a deep WR room with the Cowboys. Finally saw the field more this yr and had 40+ catches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d love to see DJ Chark and Mecole Hardman lighting it up for the Titans. Speed in spades. In the draft, Zay Flowers is my guy. Would absolutely take him in the first.

I’d love to see DJ Chark and Mecole Hardman lighting it up for the Titans. Speed in spades. In the draft, Zay Flowers is my guy. Would absolutely take him in the first.
Hardeman just had groin repair surgery. Muscles are never the same after the tissue develops scarring and are always more susceptible to reinjury. Will be interesting to see what sort of market he has

I'm not sure I hate any WR enough to curse him to be drafted or acquired by the Titans, knowing we are just going to ruin his career in this archaic offense (or trade him if he's good enough to outplay our system).

Chark and Hardman would be good additions...I'm assuming a trade down to take Flowers? No way at pick 11

Corey Davis could be on the chopping block for NY. A reunion could be good for both parties. But I wonder if a swap of Davis for Dupree would be better suited rather than both teams cutting both guys?

I'm not sure I hate any WR enough to curse him to be drafted or acquired by the Titans, knowing we are just going to ruin his career in this archaic offense (or trade him if he's good enough to outplay our system).

Kelly doesn’t run an archaic offense. His offenses have put up huge passing numbers.

Coach Speak. Bull****. I don’t put much stock in those kinds of interviews. You shouldn’t either.
No one should. It’s crazy how worked up people get about public interviews. What are coaches going to say about their predecessors? They aren’t trash talking the guys that came before them in a public forum.

Yeah I said DJ Chark as a Titan very early on in a previous post as well; he was on a bridge gap contract with Lions and they won’t need him with Jameson Williams back.

He would be one of the better WR3 the Titans have had in recent memory and shouldn’t break the bank.
(Assuming they draft a WR high as well)

It’s pretty unbelievable that we didn’t address WR in free agency or before the 7th round of the draft. Still some interesting names that are free agents.
Pringle and Golladay stand out to me as guys that could be immediate difference makers.
View attachment 20856

Phew, not going to lie. That list looks awful right about now.

Honestly don't see anyone on that list that will upgrade our WR corps.

It’s pretty unbelievable that we didn’t address WR in free agency or before the 7th round of the draft. Still some interesting names that are free agents.
Pringle and Golladay stand out to me as guys that could be immediate difference makers.
View attachment 20856
I’d have no issue signing some of those guys, I have to wonder if cost was the issue.

titans don’t have a lot of cap money, still have to sign all those rookies, and maybe they were waiting to see who they got in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back