Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that if McNair is released, after we sign the draft class, we'll have about $4M. We'll probably spend some of that on a veteran QB.

Broken Record said:
I'm guessing that if McNair is released, after we sign the draft class, we'll have about $4M. We'll probably spend some of that on a veteran QB.

And Volek's what ? They're drafting a QB 3rd overall too.

They may sit on it or they'll pick up a couple more players after June 1st.

I don't know what they'll do, but personally I wouldn't want to be one injury away from a rookie or Matt Mauck, not to mention that Volek hasn't proven to be the most durable steed in the stable. I'd pick up someone with experience and drop Mauck.

kinda depends, are Titans 2-8 when Volek has his appendix explode taking a knee before the half or are the Titans 6-4 when Volek gets a severe brain freeze drinking gator-aide

I think it is inevitable that he goes one way or another. And with that money we bring in Peyton Manning's Master, Ty Law. Nothing like putting the fear in the heart of the Dolts. We will have some to give Pac Man a little guidence and direction so that Pac will be one of the better CB in the league.

And I may be wrong on this but I believe Ty Law has already said he wants to be here.

So where would y'all rate our QBs in relation to the rest of the league if we go into the season Volek, Rook, Mauck?

How many teams have a lineup that is worse for 06? Not talking about future potential, just 06. Where would we rank? 20th? 25th? lower?

Talent wise Volek is probably avg NFL, maybe slightly above avg but nothing special - But he is proved fragile and whoever is behind him will see PT.

Annonymous Rookie QB could be below avg (Leinhart), bad (Cutler), or terrible (Young) so basically no immediate help so PT will depend on teams playoff hopes IMHO

Mauck below avg at best but likely to see some PT anyways

overall I would say best case scenarion around 20th in league, worst case would be bottom 5 if Mauck or Rookie gets significant PT.

GoT said:
Talent wise Volek is probably avg NFL, maybe slightly above avg but nothing special - But he is proved fragile and whoever is behind him will see PT.

Annonymous Rookie QB could be below avg (Leinhart), bad (Cutler), or terrible (Young) so basically no immediate help so PT will depend on teams playoff hopes IMHO

Mauck below avg at best but likely to see some PT anyways

overall I would say best case scenarion around 20th in league, worst case would be bottom 5 if Mauck or Rookie gets significant PT.

Totally agree with you, and that's not a pretty picture. Put McNair in that mix and it jumps up significantly. Put any warm body in there with NFL experience and it jumps to acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back