Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Correct. This prevents posting something to stir the pot and then deleting your post so nothing beyond it now makes no sense when the replies don't go as planned.

In the future, please create a new thread for a different bug, so I can track it easier and not forget to look into it.
ok, thought this was general dump thread

but, instead of possible troll deletes you'll have blanks or "nvm" lol

ok, thought this was general dump thread

but, instead of possible troll deletes you'll have blanks or "nvm" lol

Awesome point! I've set it now that posts have a 15 min time limit to edit, so you can't come back later to back peddle.

Oh I see now he did state this was a dump thread. I'll fix that. But yeah, each bug should have it's own thread going forward.

Mike you went in reverse with the 15min wait to edit lol

this is a sports board, gamedays are gonna be filled with hot takes that maybe someone immediately regrets.. i just think it'd be more user friendly to have immediate edit + delete.

if it is noticeable that people are trolling then deleting, THEN you put those obstacles in place

my opinion

Mike you went in reverse with the 15min wait to edit lol

this is a sports board, gamedays are gonna be filled with hot takes that maybe someone immediately regrets.. i just think it'd be more user friendly to have immediate edit + delete.

if it is noticeable that people are trolling then deleting, THEN you put those obstacles in place

my opinion

Why not just post an update? If you and I are sitting in a bar and you say something heated about the game/player, you said it. You can't go back in time to change what you said. Only later rebuttal it.

yes i thought it was you have to wait 15mins before you can edit, looks like you have up to 15mins then it's locked

still prefer delete as an option :) one man's opinion

correct, up to 15 mins.

As the site grows, deleting posts becomes more stressful on the MySQL server as there are so many running processes and it takes a lot to clean up as it has several tables the info needs to be removed from. Also this prevents an OP from deleting a very interactive thread. I don't honestly see a reason to delete a thread. In the rare event it would need to be, just report it and put delete and why in the reason for reporting field. I would agree to this if Xf offered a setting like it does editing. Editing has a never, insertable time or unlimited to edit. delete only has delete post yes or no. Maybe I'll look into me writing some custom code in the future, but for now will remain with not being able to delete.

Latest posts

Back