Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GhostZ said:
i dont want him to stay he = garbage

Direct and to the point. I like that.

However, I don't think he's a bad player. He's just not worth the money he's getting. He'll be making what, the second highest salary on the team this year, behind Bulluck? That's WAY too much for his talent and position on this team.

Agreed, quite good player a couple of years ago, but too expensive

Does anyone still think we're gonna get a QB off free agency?

LazyManJackson said:
Agreed, quite good player a couple of years ago, but too expensive

Does anyone still think we're gonna get a QB off free agency?

agreed as well on sirmon, I highly doubt we'll aquire another qb in free agency- unless it became a situation like Nedney dropping and bringing Anderson out of his 8th retirement..

i think most people here have too short of a memory. he was never that bad... in fact two years ago keith b predicted sirmon would make the probowl... then he blew out the knee... and he's supposed to be 100% the next year? these things always take two years to heal from. i bet he has a great year for the playing time he's gonna get in the middle. he's the smartest player on the D and without him telling people where to be... well we are definately a worse team.

paraconspiracy said:
i think most people here have too short of a memory. he was never that bad... in fact two years ago keith b predicted sirmon would make the probowl... then he blew out the knee... and he's supposed to be 100% the next year? these things always take two years to heal from. i bet he has a great year for the playing time he's gonna get in the middle. he's the smartest player on the D and without him telling people where to be... well we are definately a worse team.

I hope so,

If bulluck was predicting, and he is an insider, this guy must workout impressively to give keith b. this ehhh..... .. hmmmm ... "impression" (can´t find another word)
:)

paraconspiracy said:

Bullseye para. He's the coach on the field (or at least the QB) for our D. I think folks do forget how many knees we had just two years ago. I would however like to see his contract redone, to reflect more accurately his reduced playing time with the switch to the Mike LB. :)

He's a good player, and a leader. If we could redo his contract, we should. If he won't, we should give him the money, that's our bad, and we've got the room this year.

paraconspiracy said:

I agree Sirmon is a pretty decent OLB when healthy. Not sure if I agree we will be a worse team without him. MLB is a new postion for him and we really don't know how he will adapt. He might be great or he might be very average and if he hasn't made it back 100% from his knee injury he might not be much better than what we had last year. Ironically MLB is a postion that rookies have had some success playing their first year and a guy like Tulluck could be a better option if Reese found a gem. MLB is alot about instincts and making quick reads and the goods ones pick it up quickly.

Soxcat said:
I agree Sirmon is a pretty decent OLB when healthy. Not sure if I agree we will be a worse team without him. MLB is a new postion for him and we really don't know how he will adapt. He might be great or he might be very average and if he hasn't made it back 100% from his knee injury he might not be much better than what we had last year. Ironically MLB is a postion that rookies have had some success playing their first year and a guy like Tulluck could be a better option if Reese found a gem. MLB is alot about instincts and making quick reads and the goods ones pick it up quickly.

he should already know MLB... the only problem i think may be his size. he's got the instincts and plenty of smarts. i believe the knee will get him back to speed... we did draft him partly because he used to be pretty quick. and i guess i have to disagree... this year, we would be worse off without him. we have some great athletes waiting in the wings but they gotta prove themselves just like keith did.

everyone must have already forgotten that Sirmon FAXED HIS RESIGNATION to Reese early in the offseason. Sirmon is a quitter and he does NOT have the heart of a champion even if he does have the knees of a retired carpet layer.

Sirmon did not fax his resignation to Reese. He sent, or had his agent send, a fax requesting a release from his contract. You can't blame him for wanting to test the free agent market while the iron was hot and his job was being given to a newcomer. Who knows, he might have received an opportunity to play his natural position and get a pay raise at the same time.

I think Sirmon will still be the QB of the defense whether he's outside or in the middle, and I think if he has the instincts to play the middle, he'll be fine. Tulloch isn't the fastest player, either, so without having to play sideline to sideline, Sirmon might thrive very well in the middle.

A.D. said:
Sirmon did not fax his resignation to Reese. He sent, or had his agent send, a fax requesting a release from his contract.

what's the difference? Either way Reese recieved a fax showing that Sirmon did NOT want to remain a Titan.

A.D. said:
You can't blame him for wanting to test the free agent market while the iron was hot and his job was being given to a newcomer. Who knows, he might have received an opportunity to play his natural position and get a pay raise at the same time.

Actually I do blame him for being a wuss and wanting to quit instead of train even harder to protect his position. What on earth makes anyone think Sirmon is a hot commidity. Was it his inability to score a breakaway TD against the Cardinals that makes him a hot commidity? His loyality to his team? His health? All his Pro-Bowls?

Sirmon is a gutless disloyal quitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back