Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...005/01/12/bc.fbn.palmer.surgery.ap/index.html

"On a scale of 1 to 3, it was a 4," he said. "It was off the chart. It was pretty badly damaged -- shredded is the better term."

Carson Palmer's knee injury was "devastating and potentially career-ending," but his surgeon said Thursday that he is optimistic the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback can recover and play next season.

( :stars: )

"It's not just like it was a torn ACL," Paulos said Thursday, in a phone interview from Houston. "It's a magnitude more difficult to recover from and repair. It can and has ended careers, without a doubt.

oh ****! IH MY GOD I HOPE NOT! I REALLY LIKE THIS KID, AND HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS AND THE POTENTIAL TO BE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL IN THIS LEAGUE! PLEASE GOD, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE THE END FOR CARSON, NOT LIKE THIIIIIIIIS, NOT THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!:sad2: :sad2:

I think Palmer has a lot of work ahead of him. I have blown both of my knees out (ACL, MCL, and i shreeded the menicus in my right knee). Granted im only 27 and they do not bother me much now im sure they will before long. Has anyone heard what in his knee was "shredded"? With it being January and the season starting in Setember that would give him only 7 months to rehab. I personally will go out on a limb and say he might not be back until week 5 or 6.Although there is 1 good thing in this, at least he didnt get the dreaded PCL.

ACL was considered "shredded." The balancing one. Bad, very bad. Glad they're being optimistic, but ooooh. I'll be holding my breath when I watch him play. Hope he doesn't have the Grossman luck.

yeah - gotcha

it's a shame really

Carson busts out with a phenomenal MVP-esque year
and then potentially ends his career on the 1st play of the playoffs

pity

that word 'Shredded' is the worry.

But then they on about him being ready for next season - which is way too early IMO especially considering how bad it seems.

Its weird the hit didnt look to bad to have such a devistating effect.

Cincinatti just can't catch a break with their draft picks.

Come on, Jeff, doesn't the timing of those two just pinch your conspiracy theory nerve? Team coverup, they don't want it to look hopeless. It sounds awful... thank god he's a Qb and not a RB or WR...

GoTitans3801 said:
Come on, Jeff, doesn't the timing of those two just pinch your conspiracy theory nerve? Team coverup, they don't want it to look hopeless. It sounds awful... thank god he's a Qb and not a RB or WR...
I'd be shocked if they knew when Palmer will be back at this point. It's all speculation.

He was wearing a knee brace on that same knee....lets hope that carson makes a full recovery, his ability to recover is essentially the future of the bengals franchise. If he ends his career or sucks upon recovering, the bengals will be terrible for another 10 years, and I don't know if the fan base can tolerate that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back