Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So our CB room currently has Farley, Fulton, Skrine, Molden and Jackson in it....am I missing someone else....I'm thinking we add another vet for cheap and a late rnd rookie.

Lots of vets still on the market....Gilmore, Haden, Fuller, Waynes, Rhodes, Smith Young, Trufant, Nelson, PJ Williams, Jackrabbit , Bouye

Which vet would you look at? I'd take a flyer on PJ Williams... he is one of the younger ones and was graded out higher than Fulton last yr.

So our CB room currently has Farley, Fulton, Skrine, Molden and Jackson in it....am I missing someone else....I'm thinking we add another vet for cheap and a late rnd rookie.

Lots of vets still on the market....Gilmore, Haden, Fuller, Waynes, Rhodes, Smith Young, Trufant, Nelson, PJ Williams, Jackrabbit , Bouye

Which vet would you look at? I'd take a flyer on PJ Williams... he is one of the younger ones and was graded out higher than Fulton last yr.
Tyrann Mathieu would add some attitude

Seen several mock drafts having us taking a 1st round cb.... yeah.... we take an OL of any type or a CB first round, then we are setting up our 3rd and 2 4th round picks up for failure..

This is the move I'd make at dB for sure. He can play all over the secondary

I haven't seen him line up outside at CB in a long time....maybe I've missed it but he seems to play that NB/underneath safety type of role...which is where Molden excels.

I'm more worried about outside coverage.

I haven't seen him line up outside at CB in a long time....maybe I've missed it but he seems to play that NB/underneath safety type of role...which is where Molden excels.

I'm more worried about outside coverage.

True, idt he plays out there at all anymore, he excels in the middle of the field

Here's my 2 but I don't think we have the $

CB Stephon Gilmore
Gilmore made the Patriots' defense tick from 2017 to 2019, as he played lockdown man coverage better than any corner in the league. He's at his best playing press man where he can cover the league's best receivers, but he comes back down to Earth when asked to play more zone concepts.

S Tyrann Mathieu
Mathieu frequently finds himself on “most versatile” lists and his snap distribution backs those claims up. Since joining Kansas City in 2019, Mathieu has played over 600 snaps in deep, box and slot alignments. The Ravens reportedly had interest in Mathieu back in 2019 and could use his playmaking ability at safety.

Mathieu would be ideal, mostly because he can play all over, and we lack Safety depth behind Hooker and Byard. I imagine we'll spend a mid rounder on a safety to replace Cruikshank, but Mathieu would give us a lot of flexibility.

Among the other available options, they would have to come here with the assumption that they are, at best, starting the season as the 3rd CB. I don't think a lot of the names on this list will be willing to do that. So probably a draft pick is all we will see added to the CB room.

I wish we would have kept Dane C. he was great against TE in coverage. He did a great job on Kittle, here against the 49ers. I do not understand paying that former texan ( special teams) S 2.5 million. Rather kept Cruiksank

Here's my 2 but I don't think we have the $

CB Stephon Gilmore
Gilmore made the Patriots' defense tick from 2017 to 2019, as he played lockdown man coverage better than any corner in the league. He's at his best playing press man where he can cover the league's best receivers, but he comes back down to Earth when asked to play more zone concepts.

S Tyrann Mathieu
Mathieu frequently finds himself on “most versatile” lists and his snap distribution backs those claims up. Since joining Kansas City in 2019, Mathieu has played over 600 snaps in deep, box and slot alignments. The Ravens reportedly had interest in Mathieu back in 2019 and could use his playmaking ability at safety.

People made fun of me for wanting the Honey Badger in the second round.

Definitely need a veteran. Our CB group is extremely young. Skrine is more a backup to Molden. Need a vet that can start or spot start on the outside. Have you seen the receivers we’re facing this year?!

Mathieu would be ideal, mostly because he can play all over, and we lack Safety depth behind Hooker and Byard. I imagine we'll spend a mid rounder on a safety to replace Cruikshank, but Mathieu would give us a lot of flexibility.

Among the other available options, they would have to come here with the assumption that they are, at best, starting the season as the 3rd CB. I don't think a lot of the names on this list will be willing to do that. So probably a draft pick is all we will see added to the CB room.

Mathieu isn't gonna want to come to the Titans and play behind either Hooker or Molden... and I don't think the Titans want to demote either of those young players.....at outside CB we don't have 2 proven starters....guy coming in would be competing against Farley coming off an ACL and Skrine for the spot opposite Fulton.....and the money we gave Skrine is certainly backup money

I think the FO is gonna give Farley every chance to fail, so I really don't see them bringing in anyone better than a Jack Rabbit type of guy for 5 million or less.

I think the FO is gonna give Farley every chance to fail, so I really don't see them bringing in anyone better than a Jack Rabbit type of guy for 5 million or less.
I don’t think Farley will make much of an impact this season. We really need another outside guy.

I would feel much better about Mathieu at SS than I would Hooker.... make hooker the box run support nickel, because I truly believe he's not fluid enough to be a HYBRID SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back