Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for majority of the players
I'm sure the players will make more money. I know the owners will make more money.

Is it best for pro football? Not really, but that doesn't matter to any of them.

The NFL never passes up an opportunity to make a bad idea reality.

good for fans... the exhibition games blow... of zero value

not sure how they will handle odd number of home games but will make last game of season spicy if 2 out of it 8-8 teams play... BOTH will want a winning record not a losing record

Vrable even said in his post game interview last year he got more use out of practice than the games

we all know this is just a half measure... need to drop another exhibition game and make schedule 18 games... with a 60 man roster and 53 man game day roster for first 2 games. Hell I would be fine with a snap cap during those games forcing HC to go deep into roster. Just like my ideas man

Vrable even said in his post game interview last year he got more use out of practice than the games

we all know this is just a half measure... need to drop another exhibition game and make schedule 18 games... with a 60 man roster and 53 man game day roster for first 2 games. Hell I would be fine with a snap cap during those games forcing HC to go deep into roster. Just like my ideas man
0 PS games. Don't need them. College football is fine without them.

Four joint practices with a much more controlled environment are way better than four preseason games. Networks can still televise them. NFLN televises practice as it is. People watch Senior Bowl practices, for crying out loud.

Keep the 16-game schedule. Keep the number of playoff teams.

If the cap jump is as high next year as expected, then Titans can spread out cap hits for the next several years and sign the Big Three on offense now.

Bad deal.

0 PS games. Don't need them. College football is fine without them.

Four joint practices with a much more controlled environment are way better than four preseason games. Networks can still televise them. NFLN televises practice as it is. People watch Senior Bowl practices, for crying out loud.

Keep the 16-game schedule. Keep the number of playoff teams.
It barely passed so nearly half the players arent happy about it.

Getting closer to an 18 game season. Which as a fan is nice.

I wouldn't like that either, but it at least makes sense with an even amount of games.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see records smashed over the course of the next three years?
I hadnt even thought of the stats exploding. Ive been looking at it from the players perspective. 18 games gonna be brutal for these guys.

But back to your point, as a fan I dont mind seeing 20 QBs with 4000 yards.

I hadnt even thought of the stats exploding. Ive been looking at it from the players perspective. 18 games gonna be brutal for these guys.

But back to your point, as a fan I dont mind seeing 20 QBs with 4000 yards.
Drew Brees will be the first QB to throw for 6k yards in a season. Lol.

Yeah we should go back to 100 years ago when they played 12 games a season. Sucks so many records were broken because they went up to 16 games.

In fact, lets make it an 8 game season and the team with the best record is auto champions..

Yeah we should go back to 100 years ago when they played 12 games a season. Sucks so many records were broken because they went up to 16 games.

In fact, lets make it an 8 game season and the team with the best record is auto champions..
Stop being dumb.

I wouldn't like that either, but it at least makes sense with an even amount of games.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see records smashed over the course of the next three years?
No, definitely an unintended consequence of expanded season. Benchmarks are less meaningful too.

This is really good for the young and lower level players. I have a friend that used to play for the Titans and he's trying to get back in the league now. It really helps out guys like him and it doesn't hurt the high end players to much.

With the likely expansion to 17 games, does anyone know who our mystery opponent will be?
Haven’t seen anything announced and I’m curious how the schedule will be done more than just home/away games.
The schedule was set up pretty perfect before and only 2 opponents would be undecided prior to the end of the previous season.

Currently the afc/nfc North, bills, and broncos outside the 6 division games.

Any chance the expansion game changes the season to 3 division games per team (9 vice 6 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back