Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow has nothing but glowing comments to say about both Matt Leinart and Vince Young. "I think Matt has a chance to be like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady," Chow said. "He has that kind of talent and work ethic. But I also think that Vince Young has a chance to be off the charts." Chow certainly isn't going to tip the hand of the Titans just over 24 hours away from the beginning of the 2006 NFL Draft. "It's not a slam dunk for Leinart, and it's not a slam dunk for Vince," Chow said. "You have to know what your needs are. You're asking an owner to part with $25 million. You have to be very careful. It's a crapshoot. And let me tell you, Jay Cutler (the Vanderbilt quarterback) is not bad himself."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

you know the way the Titans play up Young and Leinart leads me more and more to believe they will trade down and take Cutler

Seems like they would love for a team to want to trade up. Even the Jets might have some incentive to move up if they really like Leinart.

With the McNair situation I'm beggining to think we will take Leinart although I think they really like Cutler and Young as much. Leinart is the most ready and we need that.

When all is said and done, I believe we will have a great QB, no matter which of the three are drafted. (But I still want Cutler)

I dont think anyone knows for sure who is the best qb or where they might be drafted. NO could mix up everything if they take a qb. If all 3 qbs still available at our pick I hope we trade down with Oakland and get at least another 2nd rd pick and possibly a 3rd. Those extra picks could fill a lot of holes as this is a very deep draft however we must address the qb this year and cant gamble going to far down to miss one of them. CANT WAIT TILL SATURDAY!!!!!!

I'd like to hear Chow say, "Paul Pinnegar is definately our top QB. All this talk about Leinart and Young is a big smokescreen."

Tuckfro42 said:
I'd like to hear Chow say, "Paul Pinnegar is definately our top QB. All this talk about Leinart and Young is a big smokescreen."

That's ridiculous. Everyone in the "know" knows that Pinnegar will be gone by #3. If the Texans make a mistake and pass on him, New Orleans will be getting offers similar to the Ricky Williams deal.:winker:

Pinnegar is the next Gino Toretta. He's gonna tear the league apart.

You can't go wrong with the names either. They are all good. You can't draft a guy called Joe Dork ya know what I mean. Cause that guy is destined to suck. But Leinart, Young, and Cutler are all cool. I'll be happy with whoever we get, but I want Young.

Having that article come out just re-confirms my thoughts. I have a feeling Adams will try to match the Texans' move of drafting Bush. Bush is considered a 2-way threat in the run/pass game... so isn't Young. Bush will sell tickets and be dynamic... so will Young ( At first ). Bush will have to face the Titans' twice a year excluding Play-offs... same go's for the Texans' with Young. Regardless, Adams will be a fool if he go's that route. If we pick Young over Leinart for some of those reasons... I guarantee we will be regretting it for years.

Ewker said:
believe they will trade down and take Cutler

Yep. When have we ever talked up our draft pick? They may like ML or VY better and still want to trade down to pick up extra 2nd and 3rd because Cutler might be "close enough".

Ewker said:
you know the way the Titans play up Young and Leinart leads me more and more to believe they will trade down and take Cutler

that has occured to me know, the Titans are uncharacteristically talking up some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back