Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So the Colts signed Rivers to a 1 yr deal....obviously he is the starter. Brissett is under contract for 21mil this yr. Are they really going to pay their backup that much??? I just don’t see that happening. I think they cut him and save 7mil. But they have no QB under contract for 2021 whether they cut Brissett or not because he only had a 2 yr deal.

so do they cut Brissett and do they draft a qb???

I could see them moving up to grab a qb. I know the gm has said he won’t force a qb pick, but when a gm talks this time of yr I always think they are lying.

So the Colts signed Rivers to a 1 yr deal....obviously he is the starter. Brissett is under contract for 21mil this yr. Are they really going to pay their backup that much??? I just don’t see that happening. I think they cut him and save 7mil. But they have no QB under contract for 2021 whether they cut Brissett or not because he only had a 2 yr deal.

so do they cut Brissett and do they draft a qb???

I could see them moving up to grab a qb. I know the gm has said he won’t force a qb pick, but when a gm talks this time of yr I always think they are lying.
I'd take Brissett.

As a backup.

That's his place.

Why in the world would they cut him when they could get compensation for him?

There has to be some sort of market for a serviceable QB.

I'd take Brissett.

As a backup.

That's his place.
I think he’s shown flashes, especially behind that OL, to look like one of the top backups or possibly that traveling starter that isn’t good enough to lock down a team, but isn’t bad enough to stop getting a paycheck somewhere.

Why in the world would they cut him when they could get compensation for him?

There has to be some sort of market for a serviceable QB.

How can they trade him with that $21 million dollar contract for this yr??? What team is going to pick up that salary??? Unless the Colts agreed to pay a ton of it they will have to cut him.

How can they trade him with that $21 million dollar contract for this yr??? What team is going to pick up that salary??? Unless the Colts agreed to pay a ton of it they will have to cut him.
Why do they have to cut him? He's already fitting under the cap with Rivers under contract.

The Colts still have $25m in cap space if they do nothing.

I thought they signed him on a 2-year $30m deal. Maybe its back ended.

Either way, with Rivers on $25m theyre still sinking over $40m on the QB position.

Why do they have to cut him? He's already fitting under the cap with Rivers under contract.

The Colts still have $25m in cap space if they do nothing.

Having a $21million dollar backup doesn't seem like a great use of cap space to me.....especially when you just signed a QB that hasn't missed a game since becoming a starter in 2006...your hope is that with your great OL that old man Rivers doesn't take many shots and is on the field all season

They really should sign Curtis Painter as the backup because that way if Rivers goes down then they will get to draft Trevor Lawrence with the 1st pick next yr

Personally I think they draft a QB this yr....get rid of Brisett and sign a cheap vet to be the backup

Having a $21million dollar backup doesn't seem like a great use of cap space to me.
$25m while keeping what might be the best backup QB in the league versus $32m cutting him and having to sign another QB.

The Colts could have Rivers, Brissett, and a 1st round pick QB on the roster and they'd still be fine with their 2020 cap.

I don't see the cap urgency here.

12.5 million dead cap hit if they cut him.

I too can’t imagine they keep him on as a $21 million dollar backup. That’s ridiculous.

12.5 million dead cap hit if they cut him.

I too can’t imagine they keep him on as a $21 million dollar backup. That’s ridiculous.
You're just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The $21m is already spent. Gain $7m in cap space and have to spend that money and some more to sign a backup QB, to go along with $12.5m in dead space. Or...just keep him as a very good backup QB.

You're just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The $21m is already spent. Gain $7m in cap space and have to spend that money and some more to sign a backup QB, to go along with $12.5m in dead space. Or...just keep him as a very good backup QB.
Use a draft pick to get your next possible starter and thus no extra cap space used or sign a backup for 1-2 mil and still save 5 mil ..... please show me another team in the NFL that has ever had a 21mil dollar backup qb going into the season when the starter was making 25mil???

the Colts have no qb under contract for next yr....does that make you feel good as a gm....if they don’t do something then Rivers has them by the balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back