Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
everal large corporations have severed ties with the NRA in the wake of the national response to the Florida shootings and the NRA position regarding proposed reforms of our laws and policies.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nr...ips-2018-02-22

Companies may be starting to rethink their ties to the National Rifle Association in the wake of last week’s massacre at a Florida high school, with a major bank and car-rental giant announcing Thursday they were dropping partnership programs with the NRA.
First National Bank of Omaha, the nation’s largest privately owned bank, said Thursday it will not renew its contract with the NRA for a branded Visa card.
“Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA,” a bank spokesman said in a statement. “As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa Card,”
The bank had a relationship with the NRA for more than a decade, and the card touted a $40 cash-back bonus, enough to reimburse a one-year NRA membership.
Later Thursday, privately held Enterprise Holdings Inc. — the parent company of the Enterprise, Alamo and National car rental brands — said it will end its partnership with the NRA, which gave NRA members discounts. In tweets, Enterprise Holdings said that program will end next month....

I wonder if this is just the beginning. Will it finally sink in to many responsible Americans, many of them who are responsible gun owners and supporters of the Second Amendment, that the NRA is a far right fringe group who chiefly represents manufacturers and sellers and cares little about the rights they scream about. They have become an extreme rightwing political group whose days of trying to help hunters with education and other services are long gone with the wind.

I placed this here because this is first NOT a story about gun control - it is about the political reaction to the Florida murders and the backlash against the lobbying organization for gun manufacturers.

it will be interesting to see how many of them drop the NRA. gotta say it would be nice to see the NRA unable to control politicians. next up, big pharma and coal

Need politicians to stop listening to them first.

Along with every other company they bend the knee to rather than actually listening to the people.

Representatives and Senators should have to wear suits with the names and logos of all their corporate and big donors.

Paul Ryan walking around with Exxon, Comcast, Blue Cross and NRA logos plastered all over his suit.

The NRA was more of a help to these companies than they were to the NRA. I didn't join the NRA for a discount on my airfare. Doubtful these companies pulling out their discounts offered to NRA members makes a bit of difference in the power of the NRA...

well you are an America hating f*ggot so there is that you yanquee micro coward

I'll take safety over you having fun at the gun range.

America is starting to love "f*ggots" now, so if anything, you're pretty anti America for using that word. Haha you lose.

Any idea what the NRA pays to broadcast n Amazon? I've never watched it, but I can't imagine it is cheap. I'm all about some guns, but I've never watched. I do support the NRA, but I am typically not a fan of the stuff put out on channels like this. To be honest, I find it boring. I'm sure there are some out there that get off on it though.

Your safety is imagined Nancy

giphy.gif

I am good with this. I actually like where all this is going for the time being. It is putting more money into the hands of privately owned small business. These small businesses selling more specialized weapons also have better knowledge to pass on to consumers. Also, just my opinion, but I would be willing to bet that dumbass gangbangers are less likely to purchase from a real gun store than a crappy sporting goods store.

@GoT is triggered, he didn't like dicks to begin with.
Fwiw, I don't know anyone who really does. They're overpriced and understocked for pretty much everything they carry. As much as I hate the comparison, they are almost on-par with Walmart regarding product selection at a higher price.

Places such as REI, Academy Sports, Gander Mountain and even Bass Pro provide better selections and prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back