Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Let's omit Patrick Surtain - cause unless he assaults somebody between now and the 29th, he won't fall out of the Top 15.

And talk about those within our range, whether it be first round #22 or beyond.

This is a good zoomed out scouter video of Greg Newsome #2 - Northwestern.

Aaron Robinson and Asante Samuel Jr are my top 2 among likely 2nd rounders. If we don't go CB in round 1, I'd be thrilled to take either one at 53.

Horn is probably the best CB outside of Surtain and one of the few guys I'd consider trading up for if he gets close enough it only costs us one of our 3rd round picks. .

I like Newsome when he plays, but man, he missed so many games in his career. Not sure we can risk a 1st round pick on a player so injury prone.

I tend to lean going CB in the 2nd and going WR or pass rush in the 1st (unless of course someone like Farley, Horn, or Surtain falls). Someone like Samuel Jr. or Kelvin Joseph from UK could be there at 53.

Some later round guys I like: Paulson Adebo, Benjamin St.-Juste.

I did a simulated draft where I traded back to 32, got a 64 and 2nd round pick next year.

pfn-logo-results-420x50-black.png
32. Farley (#1 CB)
53. Samuel (NB)
64. Dyami Brown (wide)
100. Amari Rodgers (slot)
126. James Hudson (RT)
2022 TB 2nd

4 rounds

Ridiculous talent and depth at CB with Jenkins and Fulton also in the mix. Instant starter in Rodgers in the slot and Brown gives us an outside playmaker to replace Davis. Still have picks in the rounds later than 4 and maybe the fourth round is a TE if one is worthy and an OT later.

Paulson Adebo from Stanford is a guy I really like too. He opted out of 2020 and so he has flown under the media radar. His RAS score is 9.55 which is elite....he is 6'1" 200lbs with 10 inch hands... 4.45 40yd and 6.68 3 cone...so nice size/speed and his production speaks for itself....in his 2 yrs of playing he had 27 PDs and 8 INTs .... not many CBs with that type of production

Last edited by a moderator:
Paulson Adebo from Stanford is a guy I really like too. He opted out of 2020 and so he has flown under the media radar. His RAS score is 9.55 which is elite....he is 6'1" 200lbs with 10 inch hands... 4.45 40yd and 6.68 3 cone...so nice size/speed and his production speaks for itself....in his 2 yrs of playing he had 27 PDs and 8 INTs .... not many CBs with that type of production
I really like him too! Size and speed. If farley, Horn, Newsome are the only ones outside of Surtain that are first rounders. We may could get Abedo at pick 3 21.

Well that was a fun highlight reel. :)
I’m in on Adebo

I'd like to see us take Isreal Mukauma from South Carolina. Definitely was overshadowed by Horn, but this guy is an unique CB with his size. Everytime I watched South Carolina play, he always made a play on the ball. It's shocking that his draft stock has slipped to the 7th, considering he once had a 1st round grade on him.

We should definitely spend a later pick on getting him.

I'll always remember his 3 INT's and 1 for a pick 6 against Georgia. Helped South Carolina single handedly upset UGA.

I'd like to see us take Isreal Mukauma from South Carolina. Definitely was overshadowed by Horn, but this guy is an unique CB with his size. Everytime I watched South Carolina play, he always made a play on the ball. It's shocking that his draft stock has slipped to the 7th, considering he once had a 1st round grade on him.

We should definitely spend a later pick on getting him.

I'll always remember his 3 INT's and 1 for a pick 6 against Georgia. Helped South Carolina single handedly upset UGA.

He's a definite take at any pick in day 3, imo. Elite size, nice ball skills, and he's physical. He gets caught out of position a bit too much, but you're talking about a late round CB, so he's going to have issues. But the upside is huge. Experience playing safety too, so he could be sort of a Swiss Army Knife type of player too.

Obviously you can't base your entire analysis on One vs Ones, and a lot of the top end talent aren't here. But in these videos, there a few guys that definitely stood out, both good and bad.

The Good:

Aaron Robinson - very physical, in good position almost every play
DJ Daniel - didn't look as physical as Robinson, but was in the right position most every play
Cameron Bynum - a caveat that he did get burned a time or two, but he was in the correct position more often than not and I like his physicality

The Bad:

Shawn Davis - he got owned basically every clip I saw. Granted he's a safety, but he looked really bad.
Robert Rochell - very bad foot work, played catch up a lot
Tre Brown - he seemed to get overpowered a few clips and got out of position a bit. Seemed grabby too.

Again, you can't make your final decision based on this, but it's worth something I think. Definitely reaffirms my fondness of Aaron Robinson.

As an aside, Shi Smith and Marquez Stevenson are SUPER quick and twitchy. I really like both of these guys at WR in the mid-late rounds. Josh Palmer looked good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back