Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
With the new siging of Lendale White is it a posibility to trade either T.Henry or C.Brown??...
Or would we have to wait and see how easily White grasps the offense before making that desicion??...

Running Backs

Now that we drafted LenDale White (great pick), what do you think will happen with the rest of the roster? White could very well become our starting RB. Thus either CB or TH will be shopped for trades. Who do we need to keep? What could help cap wise? I don’t see Payton or Nash making the roster this year. Quinton Ganther is more of a FB and could put a little pressure on Flemming who under achieved big time with his opportunity last year. How do you guys see our RB/FB situation shake out?

I think Brown is the only RB who has trade value. Henry is a huge risk for everyone (including the Titans). And I don't think they trade Brown as he is the best RB on the team right now.

I don't see trading Brown with Henry a toke away from a year's suspension. White won't even be able to run until mid-May but you'd think he'll get some situational carries early in the season and more based on his success.

Nash needs to show a lot, IMO, just to remain on the roster. Payton is likely gone.

I thought Ganther was a solid blocker but I'm reading mixed bios on him this morning. All do mention he had good hands which Fleming really lacked last year.

LenDale is going to be our Eddie for some time and I would not be suprised if he is the starter by the season opener. If he can get over the hammy quickly and get in the weight room it is a possibility. I don't believe it will take him long to pick up the playbook either. I say trade brown and keep travis as a cheap backup. That still has talent.

I like Payton, but unfortunately he's probably gonna be pushed out unless he shows he can contribute to the team ina small way, how I don't know

Our backfield is suddenly VERY crowded. Someone is gonna have to go. I'd say Jarrett Payton is a goner. Damien Nash will have to have an amazing camp to stick around. If LenDale White stays healthy, I cant imagine us keeping both Chris and Travis.

Something to keep in mind... this is the last year of Chris Browns contract. So if they dont think he's the answer long term, you might as well trade him while he still has some value.

nigel said:
Something to keep in mind... this is the last year of Chris Browns contract. So if they dont think he's the answer long term, you might as well trade him while he still has some value.

And Henry is playing for minimum wage. This puts some pressure on both of them, they have to step up and stay healthy.

It makes the most sense to trade Henry if they can get any value (aye, there's the rub). Brown is seemingly a better compliment to White than Henry.

I'd trade one of them, personally, but I don't know what kind of value we can get for either.

There is also the issue that we don't want to hand over anything to White. Make him get in tip top shape and earn the carries imo. Besides, Henry costs us nothing and we certainly can't give away our best running back because our rookie has potential.

chris brown when he is healyth nd 100% cood be a veryy very good back.... i am in love with the titans nd there is one titan who i dont like nd it is travis henry.... he doesnt deserve to be a titan.... we shood either trade him or release him or do sumthing just to leave it with chris brown nd lendal splitting carries nd then u still got payton nd nash to be the back ups but u wont even need them.... i realli think that the combo or c Brown nd L White cood soon be the best runnig back duo in the leage nd it will happen.....love the titans draft choosings

flamehead2 said:
I say we keep White (THUNDER) and Brown (LIGHTNING)
Think ABout it.

Remember when Thunder and Lightning came to Tennessee.

pregame crap from PFW

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/daily_092900.asp

and the game summary

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/recaps/2000/10/01/titans_giants/

Barber carried the ball five times for two yards, and Dayne lost one yard on three carries. Collins was New York's leading rusher with 19 yards on three carries." - lol

man I miss having a D that would punch the other team in the mouth and make them quit

Henry's value..

Since we re-signed him to a smaller contract henry might be worth a 5th rd pick. Someone will take a chance on him to get a decent backup.

If we did that we need to sign brown to a longer term deal. His contract runs out this year. Brown is a nice change of pace to white and is good catching the ball out of the backfield. He could have a fine career here getting about 1/3 of the carries and being our third down back. I'm sure that is not what he wants though. He is going to want to start somewhere.

Brown's trade value is diminished a bit by the fact he only is signed for a year. Given he only counts $605,000 against the cap he is more valuable to us just to keep him on.

Pretty darned exciting. We have white motivated to show that he was worth a first rd pick and brownie motivated to get a nice contract next year. Then we have henry to boot. It would be nice to have steve back so he could enjoy a good running game for a change. We are going to sloberknock some people this year!

Smash mouth is back on the banks of the cumberland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back