Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is McNeil underrated? There just happen to be a couple of great players in from of him, but does anyone seriously suggest he's better than Brick, Justice and Winston?

He is a pure right tackle, while those three will be playing left tackle probably. That makes him an attractive option in the lower 1st round if someone needs a piledriver. He could arguably be a better overall prospect than Winston imo. Remember, this is the guy that helped make Cadillac and Ronnie Brown top 10 players and some RB that no one ever heard of comes out of nowhere to have a great season this year. Hmmmmm.....

He is a pure right tackle, while those three will be playing left tackle probably. That makes him an attractive option in the lower 1st round if someone needs a piledriver. He could arguably be a better overall prospect than Winston imo. Remember, this is the guy that helped make Cadillac and Ronnie Brown top 10 players and some RB that no one ever heard of comes out of nowhere to have a great season this year. Hmmmmm.....

sounds like hes pretty good to me then

I wouldn't say Cutler is overrated, more overhyped. You may be questioning the difference but not everyone rates Cutler and then again some people have him as their #1 (Mike Mayock, NFL.com 'expert' for one).

It's the big question; do you take a guy who faced adversity all his career with no talent around him and still did a good job OR do you take a guy who's had everyone around him. Faced some good opposition but not half as dominant.

That fact is Leinart has had the #1 RB, a top-10 talent in LenDale (He WAS projected to go to Arizona before he fluffed/they got edge), a top-10 pick in Winston Justice what looks to be a top-10 WR in Dwayne Jarrett, a TE who is 3rd or 4th on most boards, 2 of the better guards in the draft (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/og.html - has them 4 and 7th) and David Kirtman who has terrific hands from FB. So lets recap:

OT-?? OG #4 G C?? OG #7 G OT Top-10 TE-#4 TE
Himself - Top-5 pick
RB - #1 overall RB2 - Top-10 talent (likely 1st rounder)

Given that talent I don't think anyone could fail as long as you don't make silly mistakes. In that situation Cutler wouldn't have to gamble.

Edit: Man you don't realise the talent Leinart had. Its basically an NFL All-Rookie team.

they wouldnt have stood a chance in the nfl tho, its the best of the best, and thats y cutler is talked about so much, because he came from a sucky team and did ok

IThe only reason he says Cutler is overrated is because he thinks some people have him rated above Young. Nothing to do with how good Cutler is, but how people have got Young ranked. That seems pretty dumb to me...

I agree... When you first start reading the Cutler section you think he is talking about a guy who is underated and not overated. Considering the "experts" are all split on the order these 3 QB should be rated and many actually do have Young rated higher than Cutler the read was a waste of time.

And you can expect teams to be split as well. Some may have him graded in the top 10. Others late in the first. You may have a few who think he's not worthy of the first round.

Lienart in the rose bowl....

Did anyone notice that lienart was 15 of 17 in the second half of the rose bowl? That every pass except the last one was right on the money? Perfect touch, perfect spirals.

In one play lienart rolled right under prssure, avoided the pressure enough to throw a perfect sideline pass a very difficult pass fopr a left hander. Vince was obviously the player of the game but i thought lienart was very impressive. Near perfect in that second half when the game was on the line.

Overall lienart completed 72% of his passes and averaged over 9 yards per pass. He looked like a solid pro in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back