Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
For anyone who thinks it's too soon, Chris Pronger had the exact same thing happen to him at a young age and went on to a long HoF NHL career.

View attachment 20794 View attachment 20795

NFL: Damar Hamlin returns to Bills training after cardiac arrest NFL: Bills safety Damar Hamlin returns to training just 106 days after cardiac arrest on national TV | Daily Mail Online via Home | Daily Mail Online

Damar Hamlin's January 2 cardiac arrest was caused by commotio cordis Damar Hamlin's cardiac arrest on January 2 was caused by commotio cordis | Daily Mail Online via Home | Daily Mail Online

Yeah it was a freak accident. As long as there are no lasting affects he should be fine. Trey Smith is a playing despite having a much more dangerous condition.

Apparently to him, it is yes...what's the chance of it happening again though?
I agree going into asystole from trauma is reproducible and the specific hits required to do so are rare occurrences. But staying in asystole and not having an escape rhythm to return to sinus rhythm in a very cardiovascular fit person is indicative of some underlying predisposition. I think the risk of it happening again is a lot higher than they are allowing.

I doubt he ever goes into a hit at 100% again and that increases risk for injury also IMO.

I agree going into asystole from trauma is reproducible and the specific hits required to do so are rare occurrences. But staying in asystole and not having an escape rhythm to return to sinus rhythm in a very cardiovascular fit person is indicative of some underlying predisposition. I think the risk of it happening again is a lot higher than they are allowing.

I doubt he ever goes into a hit at 100% again and that increases risk for injury also IMO.

From everything that's been put out there about what happened it was a freak thing where the impact was at the exact wrong location at the exact wrong time. Hence why we don't see it happening more often...it's such a freak thing that it couldn't possibly happen to him twice.

From what I understand of it there wouldn't be any lasting heart damage from such a thing either as he was treated very quickly.

I'm no doctor but I'm sure he's consulted with more than a few to determine it's safe for him to play again. It would be a tough decision for anyone but it's his decision to make.

From everything that's been put out there about what happened it was a freak thing where the impact was at the exact wrong location at the exact wrong time. Hence why we don't see it happening more often...it's such a freak thing that it couldn't possibly happen to him twice.

From what I understand of it there wouldn't be any lasting heart damage from such a thing either as he was treated very quickly.

I'm no doctor but I'm sure he's consulted with more than a few to determine it's safe for him to play again. It would be a tough decision for anyone but it's his decision to make.
It is a personal choice for sure. I hope it works out for him. But the idea that football only rarely has chest hits and that they hardly ever occur at the correct electrical time in a heartbeat is BS. It happens a lot. Most athletes skip a heartbeat and immediately jump back in sinus rhythm.

I just think he’d have been smarter to take a disability package offered by the league. He’s letting the league off easy by returning to play and IMHO putting his health and livelihood at great risk.

It is very funny that both his first and last names are spelled wrong in this thread title when the correct spelling is literally the first two words in the image that was shared.

It is a personal choice for sure. I hope it works out for him. But the idea that football only rarely has chest hits and that they hardly ever occur at the correct electrical time in a heartbeat is BS. It happens a lot. Most athletes skip a heartbeat and immediately jump back in sinus rhythm.

I just think he’d have been smarter to take a disability package offered by the league. He’s letting the league off easy by returning to play and IMHO putting his health and livelihood at great risk.
I get though. I nearly drowned surfing giants in Cabo in Baja de California. I still surf, and don’t even get paid.. lay off the giants now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back