Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Well, we finally got a decent look at him today, even though it was when it mattered least against an opponent who apathetically beat the crap out of us. I was thinking, he's about 5'9"-5'10" and 214. Isn't Henry 5'9" 215 or so?
Henry is more of a meatslab, but Nash looked pretty decent. I have to wonder if this means Henry could be let go if Nash can do the same kind of performance. I can see us trying to unload Henry to someone (such as the Jets - my new favorite team to abuse when it concerns the 2006 draft) for a 3rd rounder, or in a package deal for extra picks (like with Billy Volek, say, to the Jets).

I'd say so, and he's cheaper than Henry. I was thinking despite the lingering questions, Brown still outperformed Henry, showed he can catch, and didn't disappear due to injury for weeks at a time. I'd say there'll be intense speculation during the next few months about Henry's future in Tennessee.

Maybe the Titans can trade TH to some sucke... I mean desperiat... I mean stupid GM for a third. Cause it would be really stupid to trade a third for TH now wouldn't it.

GLinks said:
Brown still outperformed Henry, showed he can catch, and didn't disappear due to injury for weeks at a time.
I have to disagree. Seemed to me like Henry has done better than CB down the stretch.
And injuries? CB was in street clothes again today.

The 06 draft will be the opportunity to move some guys...you want our high #2 pick, give us a lower 2 and 3 and take Henry for your safety..same with Volek for a MLB

Brown or Henry to the Jets for a third. But Henry makes more sense cap-wise, especially if Nash can fill in for Brown. Not sold on any of these guys yet, really.

And I'll just go ahead and :deadhorse this notion, but Volek and Henry to the Jets either for their first, or second and third/fourth.

It seems so. I wonder where it's coming from.

Gunny, you've given me an idea. We can throw Herm Edwards in the deal. His speechifying will have to give our defense an improvement.

We haven't seen nearly enough to know if Nash can do the same kind of performance. Henry is still a very strong power runner, which I think still could compliment Brown well. Too many bad circumstances prevented us from seeing the full potential of the two.

Bobo said:
Too many bad circumstances prevented us from seeing the full potential of the two.
Henry brought on some of those "bad circumstances" himself. I think the Titans should move on. No way I pay him a bonus to keep him.

TitanJeff said:
Henry brought on some of those "bad circumstances" himself. I think the Titans should move on. No way I pay him a bonus to keep him.
What if they could get him for basically the same thing as this year, about $1 million? Does that change your thinking any?

I don't think Henry would do it. He has to know this is his last chance to make some money. But I don't think other teams will be lining up for a guy a toke away from a year's suspension. I'd keep him if they could get him to rework his deal.

The news in Buffalo is Bills President and GM Tom Donahoe will be fired this week. http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060102/1046068.asp

It seems he got the better end of the bargain in the Travis Henry deal, at least in the short-term. It doesn't make Floyd Reese look real good right now.

Nash showed something Sunday. I wonder if the Titans plan on sending him to NFLPE. He is very lacking in experience, with only one year in college as a starter, and could use the work.

TitanJeff said:

Oh yeah I'm not absolving Henry from his part of the blame. Just stating that with it all put together (the suspension, poor o-line, Fish not playing him when he was ready, some injuries), we didn't get big production from him like we hoped.....but it doesn't mean he's not a good back.

He broke a lot of tackles and ran hard this year. I think it's easy to see he's still a quality back and the combo of him and Brown behind better blocking should be formidable. But if the team is afraid of what one more bad pee test will bring, I can totally understand a decision to cut him.

Some of you guys are nuts...

TH and volek for a first or a 2nd and 3rd? Nash for a third? What planet are you guys on? TH wouldn't get you any more than a 5th rd pick right now. There is not a huge market for RBs and believe me his market value has declined from when we gave up a third for him. He is now a year older and one joint away from missing some more time.

As for volek we could maybe get a 4th. Volek is not durable enough to be a dependable #1 QB, is not young any more and fumbles too much. He also comes with a contract that is hardly desirable. Volek hasn't exactly lit it up this year either.

Add another player to our shopping list. Kinney. What do we need kinney for with our two young TEs? His million dollar pay check isn't bad but we can bring in some kid for half that to be our #3 TE.

Kinney, henry and volek combined wouldn't even bring us a 2nd rd pick. Quick smoking the wacky weed guys. Our team sucked this year and you guys think everyone is willing to pay up big time for our players. Yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back