Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
In a water cooler conversation the other day, the topic rolled around to guys who make a huge leap after the Combine or a Pro Day because of a 40 time. We were trying to name those players who were drafted higher because of their workout and see if it somehow played out in their NFL careers.

I remembered Dante Stallworth shooting up after a big 40 and he's not been close living up to expecations so far. Any other workout warriors anyone else remembers?

Puck said:
the only time I think 40 times matter is with LB and S

also, S>>L>>O>>W>> 40 times can kill RB's / WR's

No, look at Maurice Clarett his 40 time propelled him....:brow:

Although looking at Anquan Boldin and Jerry Rice 40 times for WRs shouldnt be too much of an issue.

I thought Lelie was having a pretty good career in Denver. He should be their number one wr this year right? Has he really played bad enough to be on this list?

Ashley Lelie has had 1 1,000 yard year. His TD max for a year is 7 with the average about 2. He's a deep threat but he doesn't seem reliable and isn't the torch to replace rod smith that they had hoped.

bigtitan53279 said:
i think kearse was workout warrior. although, his career was great until the injuries started coming.

Kearse was an absolute wonderful football player at the university of Florida, which negates him from the Workout Warrior discussion. Also, injuries derailing someone's career can not justify someone being a bust, especially when they were very productive. We are talking about players that came out of nowhere and had big combines to shoot up the draft board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back