Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have voted no, I dont agree with either of the choices. He's worth a second, just not for us. And I dont really want Brees either.

I just don't feel comfortable giving up a 2nd rounder for Culpepper. I mean the guy tore everything in his knee you can think of. If the injury would not have happened I would be all for it but all things the same I'm just not sold.

before thes debacle over his status in the last couple weeks i'd have said hell yes. his attitude and immaturity have made me far less enthusiastic.

I'm sorry I don't want him nor Brees I would rather develope Leinart or Young or Cutler(God Forbid) for the future of our QB spot

Culpepper's skills are similar to McNair's...in fact, he's probably better than McNair at throwing the deep ball. But Culpepper has never been the clutch performer that Mac is. Given the tools to work with, Mac is as good a clutch player as any I've ever seen. (Okay, maybe not the best...but he's definitely in the top two or three of the last 20 years.) And maybe I've gotten spoiled, but that means more to me than any measurables or stats.

Simply put NO! He has had very good numbers when he had R.Moss. He only had to read half of the field , this year with no R.Moss, he had to read the whole field and he just couldnt ( look at all of the Int's ) , plus he just fumbles alot. Id rather he goes to OAK then TENN.

Nine.....others

Mac is as good a clutch player as any I've ever seen. (Okay, maybe not the best...but he's definitely in the top two or three of the last 20 years.)
-----------------------------------

One of the best in the last 20 years? In playoff games he has 6 touchdowns and 9 ints. Is that what you mean? I'm not saying he has been a bad clutch player all around but you talk about him as if he was elway or montana. He's not even close.

Afc and others. While it is fair to wonder how culpepper could do without moss i find it hard to believe that one wide reciever is the only reason for culpeppers 91 career passing rating. Culpepper's best season was in 2004 when moss was injured and only had 800 yards receiving. To suggest some night and day scenario where the guy is elite with moss and akili smith without him is nonsense.

But since moss is so awesome maybe we can talk about what a moron reese was for not drafting him. That one decision may have kept mcnair for having a hall of fame career.

I pretty much hate Randy Moss, and have always been glad the Titans didn't draft him. Moss is a pariah, he is selfish. He sure can catch some footballs...
I don't disagree with your logic on this one though Rolltide. Moss made Culpepper look fantastic. I do think #9 would have had a much better chance of reaching Canton with Moss as a target. It could have been nice.
Moss is still a Jerk, and I don't like to cheer for jerks. It would be nice to see Steve in the HOF. Maybe the Raiders can pay him.
He can have Moss after all.

Is there anything gayer in the NFL than that arm-spinny thing Culpepper does when he scores? Anything?

Culpepper to Tennessee?
NO.

Besides, I like the idea of him being reunited with his butt buddy R.Moss.
The jolley roger could use some more scurvy.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Is there anything gayer in the NFL than that arm-spinny thing Culpepper does when he scores? Anything?

BP is right. Although I give a fairly close second to Ray Lewis' spasmodic, limbs-akimbo, seizuristic warm-up/introduction "dance", Culpepper's "Roll-out" thing IS quite gay. Super-mega-gay, in fact. :lol:

In all seriousness, without Randy Moss to a) outrun and b) outjump anyone for the deep ball, Dante's exposed for the avg qb he is. Maybe Ty Calico could break out of his shell this season, though...

And why the H-E-double hockey sticks is Bus Cook not negotiating?? :grrr:

I could live with it, but it is not near as exciting as a Vince Young era, and I think it's time to rejuvenate the life of the franchise. Young does that. It makes the franchise appealing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back