Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he'll resign, but then again, I thought Alexander was gone from SEA...

I think they go for a RB at the bottom of the 1st.

According to John Clayton, Indy is still over the cap. Maybe they haven't renegotiated with Peyton and Marvin officially yet, but it seems like they won't have the cap room to keep Edge (though they could probably renegotiate with other guys, too).

their best chance was last year and they blew it

they'll blow it again

and in 2 years they'll be like $40 million over the cap
and they'll have to release half the team

shed a tear

If they can get Edge somehow they will be in decent shape for a few years. I'm with Starkiller, now is the time to go for it and worry about three years from now when it gets here. Losing Edge could be huge for them and signing him opens up their draft possibilities at other postions of need.

Too lazy to find the link now, but the Colts are $8-10 million UNDER the cap according to Polian in the Indy Star this morning.
I don't think they'll make much of an effort to re-sign EJ. He'll get big $ from somebody, and I don't think the Colts will try to compete with that.
David Thornton's probably gone, too.

Starkiller said:
So wino, I assume you guys are going to shell out for a sober kicker this year?

I think they've already found him, but it'll be interesting to see what happens there. The Colts held kicker tryouts right after the season ended and signed a kid named Shane Andrus. I don't know much about him, but I know his tryout was impressive. :) :brow: Word is they signed him immediately after the tryout was over. Polian has been known to find hidden gems. I'm hoping Andrus is one of them.

Vandy's been a good kicker for us (for the most part), but costly misses have hurt us. Vandy hasn't been happy with Polian bringing in a variety of kickers over the last couple of years to kick off, yet he's done nothing to show HE should be the one kicking off. I don't think they trade Christmas cards, and if Andrus does a reasonable job I think he'll be embraced by Colts fans. It will be nice not to have to hear Vandy mention (AGAIN!) that he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back