Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
first round i think the titans will get lienart or young, who ever doesnt get drafted but i think lienart is #1 on the draft board for us. 2nd round im thinking middle linebacker, probably jackson from maryland, if he drops that far...

I had originally thought that myself, but others have brought up a good point about the MLB: whenever they use a nickel defense, the MLB is replaced by another DB, which means that the MLB is only the field for maybe half of the defensive snaps.

I think it's much more likely that they'll grab someone who can be an every-down player...probably O-line or cornerback. (At this point, with Pacman's history and recent legal questions, I'm guessing the Titans are probably thinking corner. If Pacman suddenly becomes..."unavailable", then they'd be screwed. And as everyone knows, there's no such thing as having too many good corners.)

This thread should be moved.

I said a while ago, and I'm coming back to it, a player like Jason Allen would be the pick in the 2nd. I can see Cromartie and Youboty, and possibly Richard Marshall as possibilities there as well. Allen, though, because he plays the run extremely well

I would also say OT is possible, but I don't see Eric Winston or Marcus McNeill making it all the way to us in the second.

If we go MLB at #2, we will probably stay in base defense more often.

Kassell's lack of coverage skills were the reason the MLB went out in the nickel. We're gonna keep our two best cover linebackers in there. That would be Bulluck and Jackson (maybe not to start with, but at some point this season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back