Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
It’s time. I really wanted us to take Blankenship in the 7th last year, but we have to move forward and address the issue long term, and cheaply. Miami kicker Borregales is my choice.

Not sure why we haven’t before, yet, we’ve literally wasted picks on guys we cut and get nothing in return. Draft a damn kicker already. The position is more important than a depth piece.

Out of 47 kickers drafted all time, only 19 of them stayed with the team that drafted them for 3+ years.

Only 2 out of the 10 most accurate kickers of all time were drafted.

Everyone loved bironas, he was undrafted.

Everyone loves bringing up Blankenship, like it was some huge mistake we didn't draft him. He was ok, but he can't really hit over 50. Not to mention two kickers we let leave had a better % than him, and parkey who we also had was only a 1% lower.

Kickers are fickle, just because you draft one doesn't mean he'll be any good.

Out of 47 kickers drafted all time, only 19 of them stayed with the team that drafted them for 3+ years.

Only 2 out of the 10 most accurate kickers of all time were drafted.

Everyone loved bironas, he was undrafted.

Everyone loves bringing up Blankenship, like it was some huge mistake we didn't draft him. He was ok, but he can't really hit over 50. Not to mention two kickers we let leave had a better % than him, and parkey who we also had was only a 1% lower.

Kickers are fickle, just because you draft one doesn't mean he'll be any good.

You could use the same arguments about almost any position. Spending a late round pick on a Kicker costs little and could solidify a critical position of need for years.

I'm fine with spending a 7th rounder on a kicker because it's an irrelevant pick anyways, but I'd much rather sign a kicker. There was a slew of kickers available last off-season and we passed on all of them until the season was almost upon us.

Dustin Hopkins and Randy Bullock are FAs. We should make every effort to sign either one, imo.

You could use the same arguments about almost any position. Spending a late round pick on a Kicker costs little and could solidify a critical position of need for years.
Find me another position where over half the drafted players are out of the league. Or 80% of the elite are undrafted. It's only kicker and punter.

Find me another position where over half the drafted players are out of the league. Or 80% of the elite are undrafted. It's only kicker and punter.
Out of 47 safeties drafted in the 4th round all time, only 19 of them stayed with the team that drafted them for 3+ years.

Only 2 out of the 10 cornerbacks with the most interceptions of all time were drafted in the 1st round.

Quarterbacks are fickle, just because you draft one in the first round doesn't mean he'll be any good.

My point is there are plenty of excuses and numbers we can use to underscore why not to try to do something, but you don’t win Super bowls by not doing anything. We need a kicker, we have no money. Draft one.

Out of 47 safeties drafted in the 4th round all time, only 19 of them stayed with the team that drafted them for 3+ years.

Only 2 out of the 10 cornerbacks with the most interceptions of all time were drafted in the 1st round.

Quarterbacks are fickle, just because you draft one in the first round doesn't mean he'll be any good.

My point is there are plenty of excuses and numbers we can use to underscore why not to try to do something, but you don’t win Super bowls by not doing anything. We need a kicker, we have no money. Draft one.

That really didn't dispute what he said. Most of the top college kickers in any given year don't get drafted. And even fewer go on to be some teams number 1 kicker for more than a season or 2.

You do make a good point about not having the money to sign a top kicker in FA. Though it's worth putting pointing out that these kickers aren't anymore likely to be as good as Gostowka-face was more us last year. But I suppose they would be much cheaper.

Well, if you’re talking about 7th rounders, why the heck not draft a kicker every year? 7th rounders rarely impact the team, so stick em on the practice squad and try to season em up a bit. I always am amused when people get excited that a 7th round pick is “wasted” on a prospect.

Can't imagine any kicker getting drafted before round 6.
A few have, not saying they should but it happens.
Janikowski Round 1
Nugent Round 2
Aguayo in Round 2
Hanson Round 2
I think we should draft a kicker this year, seems to be a position we have had issues with since Bironas
I don't think we will, Sloman will probably get a chance

Last edited by a moderator:
A few have, not saying they should but it happens.
Janikowski Round 1
Nugent Round 2
Again in Round 2
Hanson Round 2
I think we should draft a kicker this year, seems to be a position we have had issues with since Bironas
I don't think we will, Sloman will probably get a chance

I meant in the current football environment I don't see any kicker getting drafted before the 6th round. I know they have in the past. But it seems like those teams are generally run by idiots.

Succop was a great kicker for us until he got injured. Then we cut him lose, he gets signed by Tompa Bray and he goes back to being a great kicker.

kickers start to go in the 5th. The Raiders took Daniel Carlson 167th overall.

Our 5th rd history has been abysmal outside of Jayon Brown so if we went kicker in the 5th, cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back