Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
If we draft a Left handed QB, Lienert I believe. Wont it change everything protection wise with the oline? Wont the RT actually be the "guy" then?

This factor could change alot of things when/where we draft.

What do youi think?

I think receiver wise it won't be a problem being a lefty, as he we have 2 great rrecievers in Bennet and Givens either side.

I don't think we have a protection problem
Of course, that is if we sign him:hmm:

I dont think its that big an issue. Speed rushing DEs like Freeney, Abraham, Simion Rice, etc are typically REs, meaning they match up against the LT. If you start flip flopping your tackles around then your going to get a less athletic guy trying to block the other teams top pass rusher in many cases.

roos stays at rt

so he wont go against the speed rushing des that cant flip flop,so i think so \thast a big plus for leinart.

talldrinko said:
so he wont go against the speed rushing des that cant flip flop,so i think so \thast a big plus for leinart.

Why? So he can see Dwight Freeney blow by the lesser of our tackles and know he is going to get sacked?

Left tackles are considered so important not only because they are protecting the blind side, but also because they are generally matched up against the Defenses better pass rushing end. You want to take that away and let a less player try to block guys like Freeney or Rice or someone of that nature?

Use Your Brain Dg

Fisher already said we would roos to LT ,IF lenairt is our future then he stays at RT. & PROTECTS HIS BLIND SIDE FOR THE NEXT 10 YRS ,ROOS IS THE BEST WE HAVE AT EITHER RIGHT OR LEFT TAKLE BY FAR.

It's a big adjustment...

Might take years. Look at the 49ers moving from montana to the southpaw young. It was a rough, for about 2 minutes.

It's not a big issue and i would rather have our best OT blocking freeney as opoosed to lienarts back side. If only we could find a way to draft lienart and dbrick both we would have the issue licked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back