Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd rather use some energy on a quality CB

I have faith in our 2 young CB's but I do not with the backups

unless he can come in and play a hybrid then we should keep looking

Starkiller said:
No way. We have 2 starters and good (presumably), young depth in Fuller and Lowry.

Lamont stinks, and the two quality depths are unproven rookies. I say rookie about Fuller cuz he hasn't played a lick

Puck said:

I doubt you'll find one popup in FA. And there will be a bidding war. Smith might be had pretty cheap (relatively speaking)

Puck said:
yeah that may very well be

but we kinda need a new S like we need a new RB

I'm sorry, but what does having three thousand yard rushers have to do with having "the other guy from Pittsburg" and "Whose that guy with the dreads chasing him into the endzone?"?

:lol:

Puck said:

Smith actualy does have quality CB experience. The word is Minnesota is pursuing him to play the nickel spot. I personally don't understand our seeming lack of interest in the guy. He could help our D alot.

Da Architek said:
any idea of home much of our 5.5 mill he'll take up?

If my calculations are correct I believe it's approximately 63 dollars and 93 cents...But Hey, this is coming from the guy that isn't that great at math..

"The four years that were remaining on his New Orleans contract were for base salaries of $1.2 million (for 2006), $1.6 million (2007),"

That's pretty cheap for a quality secondary, and apparently he has corner type skills if needed for backup. There must be something else behind the scenes going on if nobody took the trade.

From ESPN today...
"A former Akron standout, and the third-round pick of the Bucs in the 2001 draft, Smith is the kind of safety many teams want now, an interior defender with cornerback-level coverage skills. In fact, Smith started his career with the Bucs as a standout nickel cornerback and then was moved to safety 2003.

Smith, 27, provides a defense with tremendous flexibility because of his hybrid skills and his ability to move out into the slot and cover wide receivers."

I think we should make a play. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back