Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Just listening in on ESPN during the later part of the round 2 coverage. They are predicting that McNair will become a Raven within 24 to 48 hours!!!! WOW.
They went as far as to say that the Titans might sign Collins as his replacement.
I wonder how they have done in some of their other predictions.

I pray they are as wrong as those that swore Houston would never take Williams at #1.

And pray we don't have Kerry Collins in a Titans uni....oh man...no thank you.

Why on earth would they think that? I really think that ESPN thinks if they mention something enough, it will become a reality...That's not really journalism, but I guess it hasn't been in a long time.

I'm steadily losing respect for ESPN's football analysts. I actually think his chances of returning are greater now we've draft Young.

Well..its possible he leaves...he was treated poorly in this IMHO...however I guess I cannot appreciate the competitve fire that these guys must have because if I was him I would take a couple of years at 5M a year and look forward to retiring and enjoying my kids and family.

With the injuries he has been through and the period of "I may retire" that came with them I guess I just don't get his need to go anywhere just to start....but hey...that is also the fire that I love about him and what has made him such an icon for the Titans.

wplatham said:
I'm steadily losing respect for ESPN's football analysts. I actually think his chances of returning are greater now we've draft Young.
I agree ESPN continues to stir rumors as a reality and has been quite confident in things such as the draft and other situations that have not been what They had reported, granted it's all only speculation but when supposed "insiders" are saying, this is whats happening it certainly slants things whether it may be true or not...
I believe (maybe blindly) But I think Mcnair will agree to a new cap number work this thing out and get a new 2 yr deal...
on the other note, we had a great draft day!!!!
and no matter what the "experts" at espn say about our chances next this year and what is going to happen right now everyones undefeated and has a shot, we';re no different..

Not that you should take this any more serious, but Adam Schefter (aka Capt Obvious - dude never has any real insight) just had a piece on NFL Network saying Mac is going to come back to TN. He said he talked to "Titans officials" this week and they said "no matter what happened on Sat, he'd be back"

Adam Schefter says Mac will stay

NFL Network just had a segment with Adam Schefter about Vince and McNair. He said it had been speculated about McNair moving on, etc. but he said Titans officials spoke with him over the last week and virtually assured him that McNair would be back with the Titans.......it said the pick of Vince Young reinforces that notion.

I really think Steve will redo the deal now...they'll let VY wait 2 years and Steve will be the starter/mentor.....

Also said Vince signed endorsement deals with Nike and Reebok...

Banshee2 said:
Not that you should take this any more serious, but Adam Schefter (aka Capt Obvious - dude never has any real insight) just had a piece on NFL Network saying Mac is going to come back to TN. He said he talked to "Titans officials" this week and they said "no matter what happened on Sat, he'd be back"

McNair said to press months ago he'd work something out (?renegotiate?) if Titans drafted Young. Big Papa wants to see his boy start off right.

maximus said:
How do you do that?
Thats like fighting with the Japanese and Americans during World War II?
Reebok is the official "outfitter" of the NFL. I suppose he'll do some things for Reebok on behalf of the NFL, however, he'll wear Nike in his off the field appearances and such.

If we can bring LenDale and Young together, we can bring Nike and Reebok together too. But off in the distance, puma and Ralph Sampson lurk silently and smell the weakness.

ESPN Radio really sucked hard cheese last night (mid-afternoon for you yanks). Their coverage of the 1st round was O.K, slightly delayed but hey, I live across the pond. However, there 2nd round coverage was bad (in the bad way). I had no idea what was going on from #33 on. I had to rely on my buddies in the chatroom for details.

I feel Mcnair will return, if only for a year or two. The money has to be realistic and he's got to expect to show Young the ropes. Once Mcnair sees the benefit of havng a top 10 pick RB, he'll came back.

Owner and Player Greed Are Killing the Game!!!

elfinmagic53 said:
Reebok is the official "outfitter" of the NFL. I suppose he'll do some things for Reebok on behalf of the NFL, however, he'll wear Nike in his off the field appearances and such.
That would violate his contract with Nike. Mike Vick(has a contract with Nike) I have never seen Vick in a Reebok commercial. Sure Vick wears Nike at games and when he has too, but he shoes are Nike.

LazyManJackson said:
ESPN Radio really sucked hard cheese last night (mid-afternoon for you yanks). Their coverage of the 1st round was O.K, slightly delayed but hey, I live across the pond. However, there 2nd round coverage was bad (in the bad way). I had no idea what was going on from #33 on. I had to rely on my buddies in the chatroom for details.

It wasn't much different on tv. Except for the idiots they call experts, ESPN presented it the best. They kept a ticker going during the commercials to show who was being picked. I really didn't like the NFL Network's coverage. I thought they spent too much time talking and not enough showing the picks.

elfinmagic53 said:
Not that anyone cares, but if a player signs an endorsement deal with Nike, they have to wear the reebok stuff (jersey, etc..) on the field, but they may wear any shoes they choose... (or something like that) ... see...

9021337.jpg

It's gotta be the shoes...
That picture is the when he broke his leg...
it's just the clearest, most obvious image
I could find of Mike wearing Nike on the field.

Also here is T.O.
owens_terrell_011014.jpg

I wanted a more recent pic but this may have been taken in the
modern equipment era (Reebok contract):hmm: I dunno...
but everybody knows that T.O. and Mike Vick
have/have had Nike endorsement deals...

Bottom line : Young will wear Nike cleats if he has a Nike deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back