Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Though I guess the only surprise is that it happened this soon. I wonder what happened to all his signing bonus money... oh wait ;)

What a pathetic waste. First he threw his college career away, now he's working on throwing away the rest of his life...

he wouldn't be worrying about money if he was dedicated and not stupid (how do you not take a million dollar signing bonus, that was a waste of his time?)

First Lawrence Phillips, now Maurice Clarett... it's just sad.

Question: Has there ever been a player like Phillips or Clarett, someone whose immaturity, volatility, and emotional issues were well publicized...yet he was able to overcome those issues and become a stable and productive player in the NFL? Plenty of guys have come back from substance abuse issues, and a lot of players get in legal scrapes, but I can't think of anyone who was just a problem child who went on to a productive NFL career.

Nine said:
First Lawrence Phillips, now Maurice Clarett... it's just sad.

Question: Has there ever been a player like Phillips or Clarett, someone whose immaturity, volatility, and emotional issues were well publicized...yet he was able to overcome those issues and become a stable and productive player in the NFL? Plenty of guys have come back from substance abuse issues, and a lot of players get in legal scrapes, but I can't think of anyone who was just a problem child who went on to a productive NFL career.

Depends what you mean by "problem child". There's been plenty of immature players in college and rookie players, who have grown to be successful contributers. Moss and TO (put an asterick by TO though) have been top 3 receivers for the past couple years. There are of course cases like Phillips, Clarett, Soward (ask Jax fan about him) where severe personality cases have ruined careers.

nigel said:
Wow. Though I guess the only surprise is that it happened this soon. I wonder what happened to all his signing bonus money... oh wait ;)

He did`nt get any signing bonus money. He figured he`d be a star and signed a bad contract that toatlly favored the Broncos. Kinda what the Rams did with L. Phillips.

TitansRuleU said:
He did`nt get any signing bonus money. He figured he`d be a star and signed a bad contract that toatlly favored the Broncos. Kinda what the Rams did with L. Phillips.

VERY smart moves by both organizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back