Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher was asked whether LenDale White reminded him of Eddie George. "Yes he does," said Fisher. "He’s very strong. You have seen him. Inside, outside, runner with excellent hands. He will pass protect. All those things. He has a chance, in time, to be that type of back. He really has a chance to be that. I think it’s well noted that we have some needs on the other side of the ball, but this was an opportunity that we could not pass up." Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow also feels White has a chance to be something special. "He’s a tremendous talent that’s been forced to be very patient," said Chow. "I am confident that he’s got the desire and determination to prove a lot of those clubs that passed on him were wrong."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I read on TitansOnline that Chow and Fish stayed around for a bit to start scripting plays specifically for Vince

Party on Garth !

TitanJeff said:
Think Fisher and Chow are not happy with today's draft?

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=3742

either that or they're stoned
fisher_chow2.jpg

scary to think about what he's capable of accomplishing with a steady load

this is the only game last year where he had the ball 20+ times

24 carries
179 yards
7.5 ypc
38 long
4 TD's

Thank you sir, may I have another
yes, I'll take some of that

oh man!!!..... Young was a great pickup we all saw coming... but this... is just amazing... our run game is finally going to become something great again!!!

and whats going to be great is that he will probally have a great work ethic now being as he has that 31 team chip on his shoulder and he wants to prove all of them wrong about passing him up, and i think that mario williams has been set up to be a major bust being as he went from a late 1st round to #1 pick overall in 1 1/2 weeks or so, ima make a thread about it now =]

yeah i agree... i think when a player gets drafted gets later than he expects he tends to play with a litte more "umph"... i'm not sure if he was highly rated coming out, but I would venture to say that because he was drafted so late T.O. felt like he had something to prove and "wall ah" a pro-bowler was born... a jerk .. but nonetheless a probowler

First I have to say I love the sig Puck!! Second, I can't wait to see what these guys can do! It may take a year or 2 but I think we have some great potential on the team now.

i cant believe that we snagged LenDale White. i mean this guy was definitely a 1st rounder. i just cant believe he was available for so long what a steal that was

If the presents of Vince can do for Lindale White what it did for Cedric Benson I believe you have the best back in the NFL right now.

I have been watching Longhorn football since 1977 and I have never seen anyone like Vince, No offense to Cedric Benson but if Vince was not the QB he never would have been drafted in the first round. Vince's mere presents really opened things up for El Ced and made him the force he was on the college level.

El Ced was an average back his first 2 years at Texas, it wasn't until Vince became the QB that his rushing totals began to sky rocket. Vince is such a great runner that most teams forgot about Ced and this made his rushing the football much easier.

LazyManJackson said:
I'm not sure about best back in the NFL 'right now'

Wasn't Cedric quite average last season
He rarely played. Expect him to play more as starter Thomas Jones fell out of favor with the coaching staff

I love this pick as well. I was I saw it coming like 10 picks away. What I love even more though is Indy taking Joseph Addai over LenDale in the 1st!! Because of that I say we give LenDale the start when we play Indy and let him run over them. I think we got the RB that can and will have the best NFL career out of all the RB's taken in 06.

One of the best things about White was he only had like 3-5 fumbles in college. If his hammie doesn't go Schfino on him - and there is no reason to believe it will :ha: - White could be another workhorse back able to push the pile forward while going down, get his chip in and hit the flat and be available for all 60 minutes a game is scheduled for.

Brown and Henry will hopefully be competing for 10-15 carries per game cause I definatly want to see White getting 10-15 himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back