Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Rumors about Titans coach Jeff Fisher leaving for another head coaching job have run rampant the last few weeks. The truth is that Fisher is under contract until the end of the 2006 season and has an option that keeps him head coach of the Titans into 2007. Chances that Titans owner Bud Adams fires Fisher due to back-to-back horrendous seasons are slim because Adams isn't going to make the same mistake he made after the 1980 season when he fired Bum Phillips — the most popular coach in Oilers history. The Oilers failed to make the playoffs the next six seasons. Asked why rumors of him leaving have been common the last couple of months, Fisher replied, "I have no idea. I'm under contract, and I have no interest in leaving. I think when teams struggle and people begin to speculate about potential changes, there are all kinds of rumors that fly around. Year after year, there have been all kinds of rumors that never come true."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

It would be smart to resign Fisher to a long term deal... not allowing him to enter the last year of his contract. This off season use that option year and rework a new one.

hokie77 said:
who got us into this salary cap mess.
salary cap hell comes and goes. it's what happens when you have talented players and you're trying to win. it's starting to happen to the colts, and it already happened to the jags. it's a part of football now.

bigtitan53279 said:
salary cap hell comes and goes. it's what happens when you have talented players and you're trying to win. it's starting to happen to the colts, and it already happened to the jags. it's a part of football now.
Almost every Colt fan will deny it will happen to them; I cant wait for it to happen to them

Yeah fisher rocks!

9-21 in our last 30 games. Yeah sign him for 20 more years at top dollar!:sad2:

I don't mind giving fisher one more year but if we suck in 2006 he needs to go. You can't say he has done a great job of coaching this season. We are a mistake prone team that lost close games to some of the worst teams in the nfl. That sucks!

It's also silly to bash our defensive coordinator on one thread while defending fisher on another. Who hired swartz as d-coordinator? Who keeps him on for 5 years now?

hokie77 said:
who got us into this salary cap mess.

Perhaps you would have preferred the other solution...releasing star players right in the middle of their Super Bowl run?

There is absolutely no way they were going to keep that team together for a long period of time. The reason the salary cap got out of hand was because there were so many high-priced stars on the roster...of course, those same players were the reason the team was so good.

Realistically, had they released Mason, Samari, George, and Carter after the 2001 & 2002 seasons, they never would have been in contention in the first place. Floyd recognized this, and made a conscious choice to keep that team together, and accepting the inevitable cap problems that happened as a result.

It's not like the guy was secretive about it, either. He TOLD everyone this day would come, and it has. Now it's time to (*shhhh*) rebuild....

thank you, i don't think that fisher should go, he is not making this team going to the super bowl anytime soon but i think that he will make them a lot better by just doing the things he is doing right know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back