Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: In a press conference today, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said his team is ready to head back to work when training camp opens Friday at 3:30. He remains optimistic the team will sign Vince Young, LenDale White and Terna Nande before that time. The Titans are expected to release 6-8 undrafted free agents before camp and are looking into signing a kicker to compete with Rob Bironas. Fisher also stressed that there will be competition in a number of positions this preseason. "We have competitive situations at a number of positions, positions we need to settle," Fisher said. "Some will be settled sooner than later but we’ll get them settled and move forward."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

ya, this year looks like its going to get us back on the track to the playoffs, maybe not get into the playoffs, but a lot closer

lots of upside going into this year

Chow has a year under his belt
we know who our starting corners are
we have a nice group of WR's
we have arguably the best stable of RB's in years
same with the LB's
D-Line should be much improved (I can't wait to see LaBoy win the spot)

i dont know which one will be the best, but the ones up for grabs are wr, rb, right de, nb, mlb and i guess qb.

i'd say the one i would like to watch the most is wr with rb coming in a close second.

Haven't heard Fish this energetic in years! Incredibly focused and committed. "14 or 15 wins" "run the 65% to set up play action" "stop the run" "3 tight end set"-should be interesting year to say the least. Especially with all of the receiving and tight end talent.

Maybe we are being a little optimistic with our schedule but I think we will win more games than any than the so called experts think. We will be a much better football team this year although our record may not indicate how much improvement was made.

fltitan said:
Maybe we are being a little optimistic with our schedule but I think we will win more games than any than the so called experts think. We will be a much better football team this year although our record may not indicate how much improvement was made.

That's the key, and I agree with you here. We don't have to make the playoffs to show improvement. We played poorly last year overall (though not quite as poorly as our record would suggest). What I want to see is improvement this year. If we can win 8 games, I'll be happy, especially if we don't embarrass ourselves in the losses. Such improvement would set us up well for 07, and give us something to cheer about this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back