Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have trouble having faith in a draft that has the Packers taking Mario Williams but the picture of Manny Lawson says that the Packers need him. Anyway, I'm ok with the draft other than that.

nouveaux said:
I have trouble having faith in a draft that has the Packers taking Mario Williams but the picture of Manny Lawson says that the Packers need him. Anyway, I'm ok with the draft other than that.

damn, Manny was projected a week ago as a 2nd rounder
he had an excellent Senior Bowl so his stock could have risen - but not that freaking far

TitanJeff said:

:eek:

*******The Golden Boy*******
JayCutler.jpg

I think we need a linebacker more than safety. Is Ko Simpson really that good? Would anyone else here take him if available?

I don't think we'll pass on Hodge or Jackson if they're there. They've (Fisher or Floyd, whichever one it was) mentioned that they want to improve our speed at linebacker, and Hodge or Jackson would do that. If he falls, I'd rather have Bobby Carpenter and move Sirmon to the inside. From what I heard, the coaches have been high on Vincent Fuller, so we'll probably see Thompson and Fuller at the safeties next year.

I'm not impressed with Ko Simpson. He wasn't as productive as Lamont or Tank in college, I don't expect him to be more productive at the next level.

Jwill1919 said:
I'm not impressed with Ko Simpson. He wasn't as productive as Lamont or Tank in college, I don't expect him to be more productive at the next level.

Drew Bennett wasn't a very good WR in college
Curtis Enis was a pretty good runner in college

see where I'm going with this ?

keep in mind that Ko is a true SOPHMORE
so he has a learning curve
but he's a ballhawk and runs a 4.45 and he's 6'1"

i'll go out on a limb ...... if he's there when we pick in the 2nd - I'd grab him

Puck, Lamont Thompson set the NCAA record with all-time interceptions, ran a 4.48 40 at 228 lbs and played in a pass oriented conference. Ko Simpson, is a true sophomore, hasn't played against a good number of throwing QBs with the exception of Clemson's Whitehurst and maybe Chris Leak. If you've seen him play, he plays near the line of scrimmage more than he plays in coverage. I think we need a definite cover safety with the way Schwartz puts his guys in horrible position, someone who's used to playing way off the line.

By the way, remind me NEVER to draft anyone from Penn State, talk about workout warriors and busts.

Jwill1919 said:
Puck, Lamont Thompson set the NCAA record with all-time interceptions, .

that was kind of my point

College Success doesn't always = Pro Success

and conversely ....

College Averageness doesn't always = Pro Averageness

Puck said:
Drew Bennett wasn't a very good WR in college
Curtis Enis was a pretty good runner in college

see where I'm going with this ?

keep in mind that Ko is a true SOPHMORE
so he has a learning curve
but he's a ballhawk and runs a 4.45 and he's 6'1"

i'll go out on a limb ...... if he's there when we pick in the 2nd - I'd grab him

not much of a limb there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back