Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Titans newest WR David Givens went through quite a lot the days following the beginning of the free agency period including a bogus article published on the Cleveland Browns website saying he'd been signed by the Browns and an erroneous article published in the Houston Chronicle saying a trip to visit the Texans had been cancelled because he'd resigned with the Patriots. Over a 72 hour period, he visited three teams, went through physicals with each and lost weight because of the stress involved with the process. In the mix was The Tennessean's Jim Wyatt contacting Givens's agent to express the Titans interest and a mysterious Eddie George jersey which may have been an omen.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

If I recall I think he said that when he was in Houston visiting the Texans he saw someone in a Titans' #27 jersey and viewed it as some sort of omen that he would eventually sign in Tennessee.

lithium.jpg
lithium.jpg
lithium.jpg
lithium.jpg

If that's the way he thinks he should take 2 twice a day.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
a mysterious Eddie George jersey? What's that about?
from the article:

''As I [Givens’ agent] was talking he said, 'Brad, Brad. Somebody just walked by wearing an Eddie George jersey. Do you think it's a sign?' I told him I didn't know but we should take a look at Nashville. David agreed if [Houston] stayed south of 20 he'd get on the plane."

Less than 36 hours later, Givens was the Titans' No. 1 receiver, having rejected the lesser offers to go and play for his original hometown team, the team that was once the Houston Oilers but now played in a town he'd never visited and knew little about.

No, you're not. That caught my eye as well.

Titans roll like the mafia. Journalists and what-not in their pocket. "You do this thing for us and we'll forget that little incident that happened in the club house last year. You don't want that in your little paper, do you?"

titanbuoy said:
If I recall I think he said that when he was in Houston visiting the Texans he saw someone in a Titans' #27 jersey and viewed it as some sort of omen that he would eventually sign in Tennessee.
Nowhere in the article did it say a Titans jersey. It said an "Eddie George jersey". Most likely it was an Oilers EG jersey.

TitanJeff said:
Am I the only one curious as to why a local newspaper beat writer was expressing the Titans interest in Givens to his agent?
It's my understanding and impression that Wyatt made the call for background info/corraboration after the Browns claimed a hacker had posted the story. It wasn't until he found out Givens was still a free agent that he informed Blank of the Titans' interest. According to Reese, he was under the impression Givens was already signed.

Great story. And we suspected Givens was jerking the Titans around.

A.D. said:
It wasn't until he found out Givens was still a free agent that he informed Blank of the Titans' interest. According to Reese, he was under the impression Givens was already signed.
Because of that Browns site? That thing nearly caused a major mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back