Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
We pursued Peyton Manning and Bud Adams was willing to sign him which shows we have money to spend in free agency....

My question is.....

Do teams have to spend all their cap dollars or can a team just sit on the money and not hardly sign any players?

The thing i see here is a defense that needs fixing and i really don't see any attempt yet by our front office to do anything.

We could've gotten Wimbley but it looks like we let him leave.

I don't understand.If Adams was willing to sign Peyton to make us better then why isn't he signing some good players now?

We have the money,right?

Front office couldnt. Hands were tied in case we were picked.

Now that the front office is running the show, instead of Bud, I fully expect them to do what they can.

Lets not forget, a few gems may be found after the draft too.

No need to spend all of it. I believe you can now carry over cap money from one year to the next (provided you meet certain criteria).

The Titans probably aren't going to contend for a Super Bowl in 2012. They shouldn't spend money just for the sake of spending it.

And some of it should probably go towards extensions for players like Jason McCourty rather than going to free agents.

I don't understand.If Adams was willing to sign Peyton to make us better then why isn't he signing some good players now?
Also, what good players do you think are out there? The Titans are going hard after the best defensive free agent on the market. What more do you want?

Guys we should look at:

Wimbley
Bunkley
Aaron Ross
Garay
Lardarius Webb
Mark Anderson
Aubrayo Franklin
Andre Carter
Samson Satele
Jeff Saturday
Dan Koppen
Luis Castillo
Pat Sims
Marcus Trufant

We should sign 2-3 of those guys.

I'd say we should sign Wimbley, Trufant & Saturday or Koppen.

OL, DE & CB.

Why overpay for an average player? Then be stuck with him, and his large contract... we've done it before (like Chris Hope) and it turned out bad.

Hopefully we can just draft strong. Because our FO isn't going to overpay.

Guys we should look at:

Wimbley
Bunkley
Aaron Ross
Garay
Lardarius Webb
Mark Anderson
Aubrayo Franklin
Andre Carter
Samson Satele
Jeff Saturday
Dan Koppen
Luis Castillo
Pat Sims
Marcus Trufant

We should sign 2-3 of those guys.
The Titans will surely look at some of those players, but why rush? Just take your time and wait for the players' demands to come down to a reasonable level.

The worst thing the Titans could do is sign a bunch of inflated contracts what will hurt the cap down the road because the team is upset about missing out on Manning. The team can't present itself as desperate or it will give away all its bargaining power.

The Titans front office has proven to be fairly good at finding value guys later in free agency. Let them do their thing and don't stress if it takes a while to play out.

We do NOT have to spend that 90% until 2013, so this year we could just sit here with money and do nothing.

If no acquisitions are made, we might as well lock up certain guys like McCourty and Verner. They're free agents next year and 2014.

The Titans will surely look at some of those players, but why rush? Just take your time and wait for the players' demands to come down to a reasonable level.

The worst thing the Titans could do is sign a bunch of inflated contracts what will hurt the cap down the road because the team is upset about missing out on Manning. The team can't present itself as desperate or it will give away all its bargaining power.

The Titans front office has proven to be fairly good at finding value guys later in free agency. Let them do their thing and don't stress if it takes a while to play out.
I wouldn't want to overpay any of these players. This isn't a rush, it's already 'late' in free agency sorta. The dust has settled and the big names are gone. None of these players should be demanding much this late (look at the 1 year deals players like JJ & Landry signed).

I definitely am NOT suggesting signing ANY of these players to inflated deals. I wouldn't expect their demands to be high. If they are, I rather us do nothing.

I trust our front office.

There will also be some quality players cut after the draft so there's no need to rush and sign people for the sake of signing people.

We do NOT have to spend that 90% until 2013, so this year we could just sit here with money and do nothing.

If no acquisitions are made, we might as well lock up certain guys like McCourty and Verner. They're free agents next year and 2014.

May as well reup cook too.

If Freeney is released, we need to be on him like white on rice. He's HANDS DOWN the best pass rusher we may get in FA...

Indy won't pay him.

If Freeney is released, we need to be on him like white on rice. He's HANDS DOWN the best pass rusher we may get in FA...

Indy won't pay him.

I read he only performs well on turf. Wish i could find that article again..

Something like 7 sacks on grass in the past 3 years.

I read he only performs well on turf. Wish i could find that article again..

Something like 7 sacks on grass in the past 3 years.

I'm not trying to refute that stat, maybe he does play worse on grass maybe not, but over half of his games are on turf (all home games, and some away games) so naturally he will have less total sacks on grass than on turf. I would like to see a stat like a per game average of sacks on and off turf. I think that would tell the story a little better ... that being said, 7 still seems a little low

Saints DB Tracy Porter coming in for a visit sometime this week

Free agent CB Tracy Porter has scheduled visits with the Titans and Rams.
Porter visited the Bengals last week. It's believed he was in Oakland visiting the Raiders on Monday. Still only 25, medical concerns may be lowering Porter's market value to the point where he'd accept a one-year, "prove-it" deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back