Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all of Molden's allowed catches were underneath stuff. Otherwise I think he's been playing well. That Wentz pick 6 in the EZ was pretty epic.

Good news and good problem to have

So now what?....get ready for the headline...Titans crush Saints

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously when Fulton is back and healthy he is our #1. He was playing very well before injury. To me I kind of feel like Jackson has been outplaying Jackrabbit. Maybe that’s just me, and maybe it’s just bc jackrabbit has been going against the #1 receiver. Either way it’s a great problem to have.

Also for a rookie playing the nickel I’ve been very happy with Molden. I think we’ve got something there.

Jackson has played well. He might be a better option at NB depending on the matchups. Molden is instinctual and tackles well but is also a step slower. Thus situationally, such as when the offense is pass only, and we want tighter coverage I'd put Jackson in there. Jackson is going to be better manning up on a fast WR.

Hasn't molden been pretty good at slot? I'm assuming Chris Jackson is gonna be the odd man out

Molden has been boom or bust lately. Either he makes a big play like the pick 6 or the great open field tackle on 3rd down vs the Rams, or he gets beat bad. I think Jackson should get the start over him for now. He's been our best CB since Fulton went out.

Of course, I also wouldn't hate it if Jack Rabbit got less playing time too. Either way, it's a really good problem to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackrabbit is interesting case study he use to be a man to man CB and now he has become a deep cover 3 corner.

Also something a lot have not notice Chirs Jones the other CB look really good last week on limited plays to the point that they cut boarders.

Obviously when Fulton is back and healthy he is our #1. He was playing very well before injury. To me I kind of feel like Jackson has been outplaying Jackrabbit. Maybe that’s just me, and maybe it’s just bc jackrabbit has been going against the #1 receiver. Either way it’s a great problem to have.

Also for a rookie playing the nickel I’ve been very happy with Molden. I think we’ve got something there.

You're not wrong. Jackson has made some major strides as this season progressed. The Rams went after Jackson frequently and he held his own. If I set the lineup it'd be Fulton/Jackson on the outside with Molden in the slot and Jenkins the first guy off of the bench.

Maybe a little early to pull Jenkins IMO. He is a vet and provides leadership and consistency (not making mistakes is a key). Maybe down the road. It will be interesting next year with Farley and Jackson competing.

4 guys playing solid football and sharing reps is good for everyone. Fulton might be working back to full fitness too.

I mentioned this elsewhere - but the front 4 playing lights out has made life so much easier for our secondary. Balls are slightly off which makes our guys look like theyre covering better etc.

Maybe a little early to pull Jenkins IMO. He is a vet and provides leadership and consistency (not making mistakes is a key). Maybe down the road. It will be interesting next year with Farley and Jackson competing.
I wish I had confidence that Farley will ever be a consistent performer for us. I just see him as a three year guy with one injury after another until his release. I hope not, but he has a very loooong injury history without a complete season under his belt.

Jackson has played well. He might be a better option at NB depending on the matchups. Molden is instinctual and tackles well but is also a step slower. Thus situationally, such as when the offense is pass only, and we want tighter coverage I'd put Jackson in there. Jackson is going to be better manning up on a fast WR.
Molden is more than a step slower. Outside of Farley, Jackson is our fastest corner and was a state track champion in Florida. I love Molden, but right now our best three are Fulton, Jenkins and Jackson. That is if Fulton is even ready to go.

Jenkins can and will get bullied by a technical and physical receiver (like pretty much every other CB in the league), but otherwise, he has been good.

I can't see them moving him out of the lineup. Especially against the Saints, where I'm sure he is amped to show them that he can still do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back