Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm....I hadn't ever thought of that happening. Interesting. don't think we need another RB though...would rather see us use that 32nd pick on a LB

The Colts trading up that far would surprise me.

The Steelers trading with us would almost surprise me, but we did get Chris Hope from them without much of a fight. They do have their championship.

Why would we trade up for a RB? We already have two decent ones for this year, unless we REALLY like Maroney. I think they went a little crazy with the trade thing.

Obviously the Titans don't make that trade unless they really like Maroney. I like the idea of going for quality more than quantity.
Brown is in the last year of his contract and we really don't know what we will have with Henry. If Henry works out he is a quality backup at a cheap price. If Maroney looks like he could be a solid improvement it isn't a bad trade. Stud RBs can produce fairly quickly.
Even if the Titans made that deal and took another player at another postion I would be all for it if we can improve a position on the team with the pick. If an OT they really covet is there when Pitt picks I like the idea of us getting the guy before Houston. If we trade down a few picks with our #3 and get an extra 2nd rounder that kind of trade makes even mmore sense. I would rather get 3 or 4 guys in this draft that are going to be quality players than guys just taking up space on the roster. We have some CAP room to work with for a few years and don't need to have a team of rookies and 2nd year guys anymore.

Soxcat said:
Obviously the Titans don't make that trade unless they really like Maroney. I like the idea of going for quality more than quantity.
Brown is in the last year of his contract and we really don't know what we will have with Henry. If Henry works out he is a quality backup at a cheap price. If Maroney looks like he could be a solid improvement it isn't a bad trade. Stud RBs can produce fairly quickly.
Even if the Titans made that deal and took another player at another postion I would be all for it if we can improve a position on the team with the pick. If an OT they really covet is there when Pitt picks I like the idea of us getting the guy before Houston. If we trade down a few picks with our #3 and get an extra 2nd rounder that kind of trade makes even mmore sense. I would rather get 3 or 4 guys in this draft that are going to be quality players than guys just taking up space on the roster. We have some CAP room to work with for a few years and don't need to have a team of rookies and 2nd year guys anymore.

I'm lovin it. Everything looks good. :thumb:

I don't really mind the idea of the trade, but I'd certainly rather go Oline that RB. That's just me, but I think more of our problems came from there than anywhere else (other than D as a whole).

If they make a trade it will be for a player they really like and feel they are getting a great value with who can dramatically upgrade a postion. It could even be for a defensive player if they go that route IMO.

True, and I have a lot of faith in the FO for those decisions, but I'd rather see us fix a hole in the Oline than RB... the RBs get better when we give them some better protection.

Have there EVER been that many trades in the first round? Do yall think Pitt would take 2 5ths, 2 6ths, and 2 7th for it, lol. We've gotta get rid of these late round picks.

i would rather, address the ot before the rb cause we have two rb's that can be very effective, although they only showed that spratically last year

metal957 said:
The compensatory picks aren't tradable I don't think

I feel dumb now......

I left off the compensatory 7ths, but forgot about 5ths and 6ths. Still, what are we going to do with 10 second day picks?

And with their 4th seventh round selection, the Titans select ........... DIET PEPSI MACHINE!

pick guys and hope that they are a diamond in the rough kinda like tom brady

6th round
Too skinny
No mobility
198 better guys
Three rings later......

THE DRAFT MATTERS
GO DEEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back